Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
Most of the AppleScript pages I've found on the Web are pretty old. I have been made aware that at least one thing has changed since the info I had was posted. Because of this, I have decided to create this thread so that those searching the Internet can be up-to-date.

That one change I noticed is that AppleScript's "text item delimiters" property accepts multiple delimiters. This is a change that came with the installation of Snow Leopard.

When you post any changes, please use relevant keywords as tags in your post so people searching the Web will come across this thread. For example, I will put "AppleScript text item delimiters" as a tag so that Google knows this post talks about exactly that.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
I thought about it for a while, then googled applescript release notes. This told me what I wanted, which is a description of what changed in 10.6, as well as OS earlier releases. The search terms are obvious in hindsight.

I edited my earlier post to give the URL.

ytk

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2010
AppleScript is a dead language, as far as Apple is concerned. Don't look for too many more changes to come down the pipe. :(

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
AppleScript is a dead language, as far as Apple is concerned. Don't look for too many more changes to come down the pipe. :(
This is a shame, as I rely on AppleScripting iTunes for tagging songs. I hope Apple comes up with something better to replace it; AppleScript was a good idea at the time, but it never really caught on, and is rather dated by today's standards. I wonder what will become of OSA (Open Scripting Architecture), the framework AppleScript relies on, and no other scripting language makes use of, if AppleScript goes away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.