Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:38 AM   #1
ll PiStoNs ll
macrumors regular

Customer Support's "$100 off" does me no good. Advice?

My release-day 2008 umb wouldn't charge, so I took it into the Apple store for a look. They said there was "evidence of heavy modification" AKA the inexperienced student working at the on campus authorized apple repair store who replaced my display (it was a "early adopter" model, needed a new lid and screen)

I needed a new MB anyway, but was just upset about what it really takes to become/maintain "authorized "- I called customer relations and the girl kindly offered $100 off a new mac. So today comes and it turns out it can't be applied with a student discount. Essentially, I'm no better off than I would have been without this "gift" - do you think calling back will do anything?
ll PiStoNs ll is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:14 AM   #2
spykthomas
macrumors member

It's worth a try. Although, as the student discount is already significant, you may not be able to get the extra $100 off as well.

It's not unheard off for Apple to give in to some people who have pestered them and explain how they are very unhappy. 'Customer satisfaction' certainly used to be the most important thing to Apple Support.

Let us know how you get on.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:50 AM   #3
ll PiStoNs ll
macrumors regular

Even with the pestering, they wouldn't budge on the price (something about their agreements with apple retaillers) but after explaining the situation, provided me with an "accessory" from the apple store for whatever new mac I get. (No price ceiling, but no ATV, Ipad and obviously mac)

Didnt want to press my luck too much, Went with the AirPort Extreme. IMO, they still have a better emphasis on customer satisfaction that most companies, even if it may have tapered off lately.
ll PiStoNs ll is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help