Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigcletus123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
I have Acrobat Pro 9. Is there some way I can open Acrobat forms that I've downloaded from other businesses (bank applications, insurance forms etc) so I can fill them out with the computer instead of handwriting them ??? I've searched but could not find much on the subject.

Thanks

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
You have not stated a problem. Of course you can open and fill-in PDF forms in Acrobat 9 Pro unless there is some reason that you cannot. Do you have a problem? If you do, then what is your problem?

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
If the documents were published as fill able forms, then yes. If they are locked by the publisher you can turn it into a fill able form but that takes some time. My health care people do this to me. They offer downloadable forms but I have to fill them in by hand.

Dale

kohlson

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2010
If the use case is that you download a form, print it out, then fill in by hand, then yes, you can use Acrobat Pro. In Acrobat 9, it's called Typewriter tool, and you can type anywhere on the page. In Acrobat X, it's View-Tools-Content-Add or Edit Text. Save as, print, and fax!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.