Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icrude

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
Samsung came out with a crazy tv apparently at CES. Didn't they come out with it to capture the people that are waiting for the next apple tv? If so, I found it almost impossible to read info about it and I don't understand why they didn't make a bigger deal about it...?

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
Samsung came out with a crazy tv apparently at CES. Didn't they come out with it to capture the people that are waiting for the next apple tv? If so, I found it almost impossible to read info about it and I don't understand why they didn't make a bigger deal about it...?
Uhhh....because it was all marketing spin? :rolleyes:

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Uhhh....because it was all marketing spin? :rolleyes:

^That.

How can they kill the "new Apple TV" if nobody knows what it is?

They also announced a 8-core processor (b4r anyone can say where is the 4-core?) rumored to be on the next Galaxy IV. So u number-chasers just hold on your purchases OK because dual-core is soooooo yesterday. ;)

EedyBeedyBeeps

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
USA

Are you referring to the teaser that showed a portrait screen standing in front of a tree, all winter-like? And something about a new shape of a TV?

They unveiled a curved OLED TV for consumers. I think that's what it was all about.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
I haven't paid much attention to the specs or in-depth details of the "soon-to-be-released" Samsung TV's but at least for now I have the latest 60" LED Samsung SmarTV and I still use my AppleTV rather than those smart functions built in to the TV.

I am interested in the upgrade pack that I can plug into my "old" late 2012 TV to upgrade the processor and smart functions just to see if they are any nicer.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
The new Samsung tv everyone is so excited about costs $38,000 USD. That is not going to hurt anyone else's tv sales.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.