Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:39 AM   #1
justperry
macrumors 603

Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
Forum vBulletin bugs?

1. In the screenshot below you can see that in my quote notifications there are three instances of posts with the same time and User, is this a bug?
I have seen this quite a few times before.

2. In Forum spy there is a checked box next to threads which I posted in, yet new subscribed posts won't have this checked box until I refresh the page, is this a bug too or is there just no way to implement this in vbulletin?
This you can also see in the second screenshot, subscribed (in Bold) but no checkbox.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 6.png
Views:	41
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	391247   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 5.png
Views:	30
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	391248  
justperry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:44 AM   #2
charlieegan3
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by justperry View Post
1. In the screenshot below you can see that in my quote notifications there are three instances of posts with the same time and User, is this a bug?
I have seen this quite a few times before.
Don't know about 2 but thought the same: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1347575

it's when there are 2 quoted replies, and you are one of them.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:45 AM   #3
SandboxGeneral

For item #1, I believe that the user probably posted 3 times in a row and the system auto-merged them. His first post likely had the quote of you in it and the auto merge made it seem like 3 quotes. Not necessarily a bug, but just a consequence of two forum features with different functions coming together.

Item #2, you have to refresh the page because the Spy runs on Javascript and it needs the refresh to "know about" the updated subscriptions.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:53 AM   #4
justperry
macrumors 603

Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieegan3 View Post
Don't know about 2 but thought the same: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1347575

it's when there are 2 quoted replies, and you are one of them.
Ah, thought it was posted before, never found it though, search on MR isn't that good

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxGeneral View Post
For item #1, I believe that the user probably posted 3 times in a row and the system auto-merged them. His first post likely had the quote of you in it and the auto merge made it seem like 3 quotes. Not necessarily a bug, but just a consequence of two forum features with different functions coming together.

Item #2, you have to refresh the page because the Spy runs on Javascript and it needs the refresh to "know about" the updated subscriptions.
Cheers, understand now, it didn't really bother me, just an observation.
justperry is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback