Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

An anonymous source tipped us to an Apple Invitation-Only event to be held at 10:00 a.m. October 12 at the California Theater in San Jose. The invitation itself features red curtains in the background with simple white type in the middle stating "One more thing..."
Onemorethinginvite.jpg

Apple CEO Steve Jobs has often used the phrase "one more thing" at the end of Keynote addresses at large conferences to bring out new products.

Article Link: Apple One More Thing Invitation-Only Event [Image]

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
But... but... October the 12th is not a Tuesday. :confused: ;)

New PowerMacs or/and new iPods in time for Xmas.

tsaxer

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2004
Tuscaloosa, AL
One more thing:

Remote control anticipation builder. Just type the text and feel the tension!

ugh, sorry that was bad, but I just ain't buying it...

ohcrap

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2005
Forgive me for sounding like a jackass (it's a habit of mine...) but why all the anticipation for new iPods? I don't own an iPod, myself, but what is it about the current ones that you are all hoping to see changed/improved?

dizastor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2001
Los Angeles
Maybe it's one of their famous double entendre's? One more thing from the PowerPC line to knock your socks off before we transition to intel?

Dual core PowerMacs... they weren't ready for his Paris keynote but they are now. Steve won't miss the oportunity to invigorate the Mac faithful on a new product like this in hopes that us diehards go out and buy new towers instead of waiting for the Mactels.

I smell a bake-off... mmmm... bake-off...
*drool*

EDIT: after reading the iLounge article, I unforunately think it may be just another iPod announcement. iPod video for those long sessions of cardio at the gym. yay! Suppose I should buy a new iPod to replace my 1G, it is after all the reason we still have the mac platform... well half the mac platform come '06.

Wake me when they announce new Powermacs.

KindredMAC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
Dual Core Dual G5 Power Macs BABY!!!!!!

Dual Dual 2.4GHz
Dual Dual 2.6GHz
Dual Dual 3.0GHz <---- Why else have a special invite that says "One More Thing"?

Along with a price drop of the displays to:
20" $599
23" $999
30" $2499
-and-
re-intro of the 17" for $399

I'm not too big on the Video iPod coming out just yet. But I'll be proven wrong like always :)

themacman

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2004
kc
KindredMAC said:

Dual Dual 2.4GHz
Dual Dual 2.6GHz
Dual Dual 3.0GHz <---- Why else have a special invite that says "One More Thing"?

20" $599
23" $999
30" $2499
-and-

I'm not too big on the Video iPod coming out just yet. But I'll be proven wrong like always :)
dont forget its going tobe all the pro stuff. PB's baby finally im so excited.

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Guys, hang on to your butts, because they might get a little toasty
All hell is going to break loose. I have a really disturbing analogy in my head of when you dont do a certain something for a long time and then when you do it it is amazing, just think of that with Apple not updating anything in a long time and then releasing the beasts and it ends up being either the best or worst thing ever.

smitty078

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2004
new iPods - NO VIDEO - 40,60,80 gig versions. Form factor remains mostly the same, possibly slightly smaller than current

VideoPod - the so-called video ipod will be released in the form of a 10" iBook.

iBooks - new 10" model, marketed as the Video iPod. Also available in 13" and 15" versions. All versions are widescreen resolutions. All models will have the freescale dual-core g4 in them.

PowerBooks - 13", 15", 17" versions. All will be widescreen HD. All will have either freescale dual-core g4 (probably most likely) or single core g5.

iMac - stays largely the same. Possible upgrade to dual core g5 chips.

PowerMac - Dual Dual-core G5

This will be a major upgrade to every single line and will allow the PPC to go out with a bang before intels start coming. Oh and these models will all lose their G* designations. As of these models apple will introduce some kind of new naming scheme in preparation for intels. It is very possible that there will be no specification at all other than "iMac," "PowerMac," etc.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
KindredMAC said:

Dual Dual 2.4GHz
Dual Dual 2.6GHz

20" $599
23" $999
30" $2499
-and-

Let's not get that carried away. I always hate it when expectations are driven way up there and the update is kind of average.

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
corywoolf said:
Movie Store... it's gotta be... powerbook tuesday!!! ;)

They would not hold a special event for a simple product update.

This will be something new, or a totally redesigned product.

They aren't giving us any clue if this is Mac-related or iPod-related.....my gut says this will be a bombshell...something that hasn't been predicted.

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
smitty078 said:
new iPods - NO VIDEO - 40,60,80 gig versions. Form factor remains mostly the same, possibly slightly smaller than current

VideoPod - the so-called video ipod will be released in the form of a 10" iBook.

iBooks - new 10" model, marketed as the Video iPod. Also available in 13" and 15" versions. All versions are widescreen resolutions. All models will have the freescale dual-core g4 in them.

PowerBooks - 13", 15", 17" versions. All will be widescreen HD. All will have either freescale dual-core g4 (probably most likely) or single core g5.

iMac - stays largely the same. Possible upgrade to dual core g5 chips.

PowerMac - Dual Dual-core G5

This will be a major upgrade to every single line and will allow the PPC to go out with a bang before intels start coming.
one problem, Freescale Dual-core G4's arent ready yet. And they wouldnt update all of the lines at the same time, its just stupid marketing wise, something will stay in the forefront while others get drowned out.

Detlev

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2003
Macrumors said:

An anonymous source tipped us to an Apple Invitation-Only event to be held at 10:00 a.m. October 12 at the California Theater in San Jose. The invitation itself features red curtains in the background with simple white type in the middle stating "One more thing..."
OK, who (what industry or reporters) is being invited? Why an anonymous tip? Does it say, "Keep this quiet, or you can't come!" This smells of Page 2.

blilly

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2005
mac-er said:
They would not hold a special event for a product update.

This will be something new.

Agreed. They would never use that phrase for updating current offerings. This is a video iPod and a movie store. Bank on it.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Detlev said:
OK, who (what industry or reporters) is being invited? Why an anonymous tip? Does it say, "Keep this quiet, or you can't come!" This smells of Page 2.
See the link to iLounge above.. they got one too.

Object-X

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2004
Music videos

It must be the new 5G iPods. But to have a special announcement seems to indicate more. I'm guessing a video iPod. But only for music videos not movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.