Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:55 PM   #1
lizardflix
macrumors newbie

Restore touch without updating to iOS 6?

My touch has decided to stop accepting podcasts and after various efforts including dumping 7 gbs to make sure I have plenty of space, I think my only other choice is to try to restore. The only problem is that apple wants to update to iOS 6 during the restore. I don't want the update.

The device is not jailbroken or anything like that, I just don't want that version of iOS.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks!
lizardflix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:00 PM   #2
RylanH16
macrumors member

Question No but why?

I don't currently know how to do that, but why would you? iOS 6 is great, and works just fine with my iPod touch 4g.
RylanH16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:52 AM   #3
Narancs22
macrumors newbie

iPod touch 1gen

Hey.
First of all, sry for my bad english, it's not my motherlangugage.
I tried to upgrage the 1.1.5 (or something like this) firmware to 3.1.3. I'm not bought it from iTunes, i downloaded it. With iTunes looking for upgades button, mannually searched the file, but in the middle of upgrading I saw an error bubble, unknow errer. Unfortunately i just clicked the OK. And now the iPod doesn't do anything, I see only one picture on the iPod's screen, the iTunes loge and the cable. ITunes in my pc can't see the iPod, hard reset doesn't help and I can't do anything with the iPod.
Can anyone write to me, how can I restart the upgrade?
Maybe the downloaded firmware caude the problem? Buying from iTunes would be better?
Thx for helping.
Narancs22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Tags
podcasts, restore, update