Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:45 PM   #1
Lifetimechaldo
macrumors member

Think apple will ever make a Windows 8 compatable version on Itunes 11?

I really want an ITunes 11 that works with the windows 8 UI. Think it may happen anytime soon?
Lifetimechaldo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:02 PM   #2
iThinksimple
macrumors member

it's hard to answer, tried to send the feedback to Apple, maybe they will consider your idea
iThinksimple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:34 AM   #3
phoenixsan
macrumors 65816

Would do.....

if the Windows 8 installed base becomes significant. I dont see Apple limiting their cash cow and associated software (iTunes+Apple Store+gadgets). But, only to mention, always exists the possibility of some like the thing what has happened to Safari for Windows (outdated version and no update in the sight for near future).....

Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:18 PM   #4
Ryan Burgess
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixsan View Post
if the Windows 8 installed base becomes significant. I dont see Apple limiting their cash cow and associated software (iTunes+Apple Store+gadgets). But, only to mention, always exists the possibility of some like the thing what has happened to Safari for Windows (outdated version and no update in the sight for near future).....

True safari hasn't been updated for windows but lets be honest...It sucked on the PC anyways (at least with my experiences)

As for Apple supporting iTunes and Windows 8? I think that will definitely happen in the near future. Maybe when Apple updates the iTunes to 11.x (It needs some work) it will also feature Windows 8 compatibility.

But, I use Macs, so what do I know?
Ryan Burgess is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:18 AM   #5
tkermit
macrumors 68020

iTunes 11 is already Windows 8 compatible. If you're talking about a Metro version...then, no, that's not happening.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:48 AM   #6
Bending Pixels
macrumors 6502

There are very few Win8 UI compatible app's...and the ones that are, blow chunks (crash/lock up/memory hogs). Windows 8 is the best reason to switch to a Mac.
Bending Pixels is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store