Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:56 PM   #1
wesk702
macrumors 65816
 
wesk702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The hood
HBO Go not working on Samsung TV

Anyone else have a Samsung smart TV and Cox cable?
I've got the app to open and everything looks fine, but when I play a movie or show it says, "Sorry, this video cannot be played at is time."

It always does this and it's pretty annoying and HBO won't even reply to me.

I've also tried to AirPlay from iPad to Apple TV, but it only streams audio. Yes, my software/firmware is all up to date.
wesk702 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:08 AM   #2
throAU
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Maybe a similar issue to the one reported here (and ridiculed) regarding samsung + appleTV not working on newer samsung TVs?
__________________
MBP (early 2011) - Core i7 2720 2.2ghz, Hires Glossy, 16GB, Seagate Momentus XT 750GB
Mac Mini (mid 2007) - Core2 Duo 1.8, 2gb, 320gb 7200 rpm
iPhone 4S, iPad 4, iPad Mini, HTC One (eval)
throAU is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:11 AM   #3
JoshMKB24
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Midwest
Probably something up with your app. I don't think your tv would have anything to do with the HBO services. I have a Samsung tv and my HBO and HBO GO work fine.
__________________
Lots of Apple stuff........
JoshMKB24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:32 PM   #4
wesk702
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
wesk702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The hood
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMKB24 View Post
Probably something up with your app. I don't think your tv would have anything to do with the HBO services. I have a Samsung tv and my HBO and HBO GO work fine.
I don't even have the option to delete the app? You know of any?
wesk702 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:54 PM   #5
JoshMKB24
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Midwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesk702 View Post
I don't even have the option to delete the app? You know of any?
From the phone or tv? From the tv I don't, sorry
__________________
Lots of Apple stuff........
JoshMKB24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:29 AM   #6
wesk702
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
wesk702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The hood
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMKB24 View Post
From the phone or tv? From the tv I don't, sorry
Unfortunately from the TV.
HBO just emailed me back and said they are aware of the problem and said Samsung is working in it. Sucks cause looking online this bug has been unfixed since 2011.
wesk702 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:14 AM   #7
JoshMKB24
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Midwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesk702 View Post
Unfortunately from the TV.
HBO just emailed me back and said they are aware of the problem and said Samsung is working in it. Sucks cause looking online this bug has been unfixed since 2011.
Damn, that definitely sucks. If you are using HBO Go though, that means you have the HBO service. Is there something specific you are trying to watch and don't have DVR?
__________________
Lots of Apple stuff........
JoshMKB24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:14 PM   #8
wesk702
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
wesk702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The hood
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMKB24 View Post
Damn, that definitely sucks. If you are using HBO Go though, that means you have the HBO service. Is there something specific you are trying to watch and don't have DVR?
Nothing specific, but the app is just super convenient.
Almost 90% of shows I watch is HBO series and on demand doesn't have nearly as much content as the app. Game of Thrones, Girls, Entourage, Oz

I'm always on the ipad app which I don't mind, but it'd be nice to watch it on my 55" LED instead of on the 9.7" ipad.
wesk702 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:21 PM   #9
JoshMKB24
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Midwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesk702 View Post
Nothing specific, but the app is just super convenient.
Almost 90% of shows I watch is HBO series and on demand doesn't have nearly as much content as the app. Game of Thrones, Girls, Entourage, Oz

I'm always on the ipad app which I don't mind, but it'd be nice to watch it on my 55" LED instead of on the 9.7" ipad.
You could get an adapter for the iPad to HDMI and watch it that way
__________________
Lots of Apple stuff........
JoshMKB24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:40 AM   #10
Huntn
macrumors 604
 
Huntn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Misty Mountains
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesk702 View Post
Anyone else have a Samsung smart TV and Cox cable?
I've got the app to open and everything looks fine, but when I play a movie or show it says, "Sorry, this video cannot be played at is time."

It always does this and it's pretty annoying and HBO won't even reply to me.

I've also tried to AirPlay from iPad to Apple TV, but it only streams audio. Yes, my software/firmware is all up to date.
Just for my clarification- If you have a TV and cable, along with an HBO subscription, why would you need HBO Go on your TV? Or are you trying to get it to work on another device?
__________________
The modern business ethos: "I'm worth it, you're not, and I'm a glutton!"
MBP, 2.2 GHz intel i7, Radeon HD 6750M, Bootcamp: W7.
PC: i5 4670k, 8GB RAM, Asus GTX670 (2GB VRAM), W7.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:18 AM   #11
yg17
macrumors G5
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: St. Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
Just for my clarification- If you have a TV and cable, along with an HBO subscription, why would you need HBO Go on your TV? Or are you trying to get it to work on another device?
HBO Go has a ton of movies and series on demand that aren't available on cable.

Plus the portable device thing.
__________________
Barack Obama is not a foreign born, brown skinned, anti-war socialist who gives away healthcare. You're thinking of Jesus.
yg17 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:11 AM   #12
Huntn
macrumors 604
 
Huntn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Misty Mountains
Quote:
Originally Posted by yg17 View Post
HBO Go has a ton of movies and series on demand that aren't available on cable.

Plus the portable device thing.
Just to clarify some more, more content available on the HBO Go app that are not available via the HBO On Demand provided through cable? Interesting. I'll have to see if it's available on Roku...

Update: It is! It started fine on Roku. I'll check it out.
__________________
The modern business ethos: "I'm worth it, you're not, and I'm a glutton!"
MBP, 2.2 GHz intel i7, Radeon HD 6750M, Bootcamp: W7.
PC: i5 4670k, 8GB RAM, Asus GTX670 (2GB VRAM), W7.

Last edited by Huntn; Jan 26, 2013 at 11:39 AM.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:43 PM   #13
wesk702
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
wesk702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The hood
Yeah, so I just bought a Roku for is specific reason. Not the cheapest solution, but Plex is a nice bonus too.
wesk702 is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Samsung 4K TV (U28D590D) working with Macs? macbook123 Mac Peripherals 0 Apr 30, 2014 11:06 AM
Samsung Experience Store NOT Working palmharbor Wasteland 0 Jun 26, 2013 09:20 AM
HBO Now Allows Subscribers to Stream HBO Go to Apple TV using AirPlay MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 84 Feb 14, 2013 09:59 AM
HBO Go app not working over 3/4g TaEbOm iOS 6 4 Jan 7, 2013 12:10 PM
HBO Go app not working over 3/4g TaEbOm iPhone 0 Nov 6, 2012 10:12 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC