Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I was just noticing something as I was typing in some responses that a little pop-up appeared showing the word I was starting to type and it also said "tab to execute".

Is this a new feature or one I've never noticed before? Or could it be a feature of Google Chrome?

I couldn't get an actual screen shot from Windows because when I selected the Snipping Tool, the pop-up disappeared. Had to use the iPhone camera instead.

Attachments

• photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    836.4 KB · Views: 123

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
Pretty sure that would be a client side extension. It would be a moderately heavy service to provide for, bandwidth-wise.

Although, an autocomplete wouldn't be the worst idea :rolleyes:

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
I was just noticing something as I was typing in some responses that a little pop-up appeared showing the word I was starting to type and it also said "tab to execute".

Is this a new feature or one I've never noticed before? Or could it be a feature of Google Chrome?

I couldn't get an actual screen shot from Windows because when I selected the Snipping Tool, the pop-up disappeared. Had to use the iPhone camera instead.

Are you using PhraseExpress in Windows?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Doesn't work for me on my trusty Windows XP machine here at work. :cool:

Also, twenty-five tags?? Mods get all the "fun" features. :D

Wow, I hadn't noticed that before.

I've also had a few similar pop-ups since they recently updated the app. :)

I tend to forget I have the app running [in Windows] since it's tucked away in the task bar. When I'm on my Mac, I have TextExpander up on the screen so I know it's running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.