Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nindorcoid22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
I have a white unibody 2010 macbook

I change hard drive to 750 gig, 7200 rpm

I used super duper clone

Worked really well

All files are there

My problem is, after first booting, every time I turn on my computer, a folder titled frameworks appears on my desktop.

What's that? And how to stop it?

LPZ

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2006
I have a white unibody 2010 macbook

I change hard drive to 750 gig, 7200 rpm

I used super duper clone

Worked really well

All files are there

My problem is, after first booting, every time I turn on my computer, a folder titled frameworks appears on my desktop.

What's that? And how to stop it?

Too little information. Suppose you change the folder's name from frameworks to Octopus. When you reboot your computer, does a new folder named frameworks appear?

nindorcoid22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
I cant rename it, after turning it on..the frameworks folder does not show as an icon but, Finder shows up with the frameworks folder opened. And under theres commercecore.framework

Under commercorse.framework

-commercecore
-resouces
-versions

I tried putting it on trash, still appeared., when i deleted it permanently, my computer stopped working after turning off. It just shows white screen with apple logo.

I had to re clone it

And still that folder appears

Last edited:

LPZ

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2006
I cant rename it, after turning it on..the frameworks folder does not show as an icon but, Finder shows up with the frameworks folder opened. And under theres commercecore.framework

Under commercorse.framework

-commercecore
-resouces
-versions

OK, that's a folder that is part of OS X. What if you just close the folder (ie, close the Finder window) and then reboot?

nindorcoid22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
OK, that's a folder that is part of OS X. What if you just close the folder (ie, close the Finder window) and then reboot?

Still appears after numerous turning off and on.

----------

I did not do anything yet on my computer during first booting, i just check files then turn off., then that problem happened

LPZ

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2006
Still appears after numerous turning off and on.

----------

I did not do anything yet on my computer during first booting, i just check files then turn off., then that problem happened

In the Finder Go menu, choose Go to Folder. Enter

~/Library/Preferences

In the Finder window that open, locate

com.apple.finder.plist

and move it to your Desktop.

Then reboot.

LPZ

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2006
^oh wow.. Thank you thank you..

I cant wait to go home and try..

Moving the Finder .plist file may not help. But it can't hurt, since you can always move the file back where it was.

If it doesn't work, then maybe you have a strange script being loaded by launchd. Seems odd that Finder would keep opening at startup with this particular folder ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.