Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

View Poll Results: What makes you buy apple products?
Design quality and build 24 57.14%
Software GUI 7 16.67%
Hardware specs performance 1 2.38%
I just like me because they're great products and they are worth it 10 23.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:32 PM   #1
Appl3FTW
macrumors 68000

What is your selling point for the iPhone or any iDevices

What do u think?

4th option I meant I just like apple not I just like me... Lulz

Last edited by Appl3FTW; Jan 26, 2013 at 01:39 PM.
Appl3FTW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:34 PM   #2
Salukipilot4590
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Salukipilot4590
LogTen Pro for my flight logbook

I don't know where I'd be right now without it and It's probably the reason I'll stick with Apple from here on out.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:36 PM   #3
T'hain Esh Kelch
macrumors 65816

Send a message via ICQ to T'hain Esh Kelch Send a message via AIM to T'hain Esh Kelch Send a message via MSN to T'hain Esh Kelch
Simple, it just works, and gazillions of apps.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:38 PM   #4
Appl3FTW
macrumors 68000

I posted a poll
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:39 PM   #5
rocknblogger
macrumors 68000

Send a message via Skype™ to rocknblogger
Quote:
Originally Posted by T'hain Esh Kelch View Post
Simple, it just works, and gazillions of apps.
Sorry but "It just works" no longer applies. It works well most of the time is more accurate.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:41 PM   #6
Appl3FTW
macrumors 68000

For spec hungry customers yes, but for people who wants good quality all around product I wouldn't care if my devices can teleport people.. Who aaa mind blown
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:40 PM   #7
irDigital0l

Well the iPhone 4 was probably the best phone at the market.

I had an LG enV2 for 2 years and was planning to upgrade to the HTC Droid Incredible (really close) in Nov 2010. Then there were rumors that the iPhone 4 would be on Verizon early next year so I decided to wait. If it didn't come out between Jan-Feb of 2011 I was going to go with the Droid Incredible.

Droid Incredible specs
-3.7'' AMOLED display (252 ppi)
-1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
-512MB RAM
-8MP camera with 720p HD video recording

So it was pretty good back in 2010.

Think I went with the iPhone 4 instead was cause I had a 1st gen iPod Touch and I liked the apps/games a lot.

Pretty amazing how the iPhone 4 still is being supported in 2013.
irDigital0l is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:46 PM   #8
designs216
macrumors 65816

My wife wanted a simple point and click pocket camera. When I looked at prices, it was cheaper for me to upgrade to a 4S from 3G for the better camera than to buy her a separate device. The 4S is also quicker. So although she didn't strictly need a new iPhone, it made sense.
designs216 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:58 PM   #9
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknblogger View Post
Sorry but "It just works" no longer applies. It works well most of the time is more accurate.
You're summary is quite accurate, and it's not a knock on Apple. It's just a fact of life. Manufacturers priorities change to suit their goal of creating maximum wealth for the company.

Based on my experience with the top two platforms, Android & Apple, they both are very good. It's all up to what a person prefers. In my case I must have both to satisfy my love of technology, variety, and staying informed via first hand concurrent experience with platforms of my choice.

The reason concurrent use is critical, is due to the warp speed of progress & change in the tech sector today. A few years ago I was using a current iPhone & a Galaxy S. hands down for my use, the iPhone was superior. Fast forward to today which finds me using an iPhone 5 and a Nexus 4. The latest version of Android 4.2.x is so advanced, fast & stable it blows away iOS more than I'd ever believe if I wasn't using it myself.

The bottom line is there's no perfect smartphone, tablet, or computer. They each have their strengths. Conversely there's not a bad one in the bunch which is why I have no reason to bash any of them. They're simply different.

Viva Le Difference!
maxosx is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:44 PM   #10
AnorexicPig
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxosx View Post
You're summary is quite accurate, and it's not a knock on Apple. It's just a fact of life. Manufacturers priorities change to suit their goal of creating maximum wealth for the company.

Based on my experience with the top two platforms, Android & Apple, they both are very good. It's all up to what a person prefers. In my case I must have both to satisfy my love of technology, variety, and staying informed via first hand concurrent experience with platforms of my choice.

The reason concurrent use is critical, is due to the warp speed of progress & change in the tech sector today. A few years ago I was using a current iPhone & a Galaxy S. hands down for my use, the iPhone was superior. Fast forward to today which finds me using an iPhone 5 and a Nexus 4. The latest version of Android 4.2.x is so advanced, fast & stable it blows away iOS more than I'd ever believe if I wasn't using it myself.

The bottom line is there's no perfect smartphone, tablet, or computer. They each have their strengths. Conversely there's not a bad one in the bunch which is why I have no reason to bash any of them. They're simply different.

Viva Le Difference!
Exactly-different people,different opinions---I like android more but value too much the design and build of iPhones and yes the integration of iOS/OSX-here's hoping a lot from iOS7,please don't disappoint
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:33 PM   #11
Appl3FTW
macrumors 68000

design and build quality for me > every feature
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:43 PM   #12
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

When u ask "iPhone or any iDevice" it already shows a bias for Apple.

I appreciate hardware designs but am not married to it. I.e. rMBP over-priced.
Mrbobb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:57 PM   #13
Appl3FTW
macrumors 68000

maybe cuz that's what i wanted, Apple idevices?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:09 PM   #14
wxman2003
macrumors 68000

Because I'm special.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:24 PM   #15
Blakjack
macrumors 65816

All of those choices and then some
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:18 PM   #16
Darkhrse99
macrumors regular

I voted design, but I also like the software and all the functionality. The phone has to have appeal over the other phones, with technology advancing as quick as it is, I would hope Apple listens to their customers and keeps upgrading phones in a reasonable timeframe.
Darkhrse99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:39 PM   #17
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnorexicPig View Post
Exactly-different people,different opinions---I like android more but value too much the design and build of iPhones and yes the integration of iOS/OSX-here's hoping a lot from iOS7,please don't disappoint
I have a complete Apple eco system, computers, iPads, iPhones, and iPods. I would like nothing better than to have Apple step outside of their comfort zone and release an iPhone with a 4.8" display.

That's all it will take to keep me happy with iOS, as Apple usually makes decent improvements with the OS each rev anyway.
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:52 PM   #18
TacticalDesire
macrumors 68020

To be honest, I'm really not sure now that I think about it....
Slate iPad Mini 16gb (iOS 7.1.1)
TacticalDesire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:56 PM   #19
Appl3FTW
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakjack View Post
All of those choices and then some
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhrse99 View Post
I voted design, but I also like the software and all the functionality. The phone has to have appeal over the other phones, with technology advancing as quick as it is, I would hope Apple listens to their customers and keeps upgrading phones in a reasonable timeframe.
Quote:
I have a complete Apple eco system, computers, iPads, iPhones, and iPods. I would like nothing better than to have Apple step outside of their comfort zone and release an iPhone with a 4.8" display.

That's all it will take to keep me happy with iOS, as Apple usually makes decent improvements with the OS each rev anyway.
agreed on all accounts... build quality and ecosystem for me too.. from iphone to ipad to macbook to ipod watch lol
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:01 PM   #20
mrsir2009
macrumors 604

Owning both Android and iOS devices, the main advantages of the iDevices for me is the app ecosystem, the gift vouchers and the third party support when it comes to accessories.
mrsir2009 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:05 PM   #21
TyPod
macrumors 68000

I've been an apple user nearly my whole life and never look to change that.
TyPod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:18 PM   #22
lamina
macrumors 68000

Better integration with other Apple devices.

iCloud is killer. I got a MacBook Pro and entered my iCloud account, and boom, there were all my contacts and calendars.

Less fragmentation than the Android market as far as apps. If I am a developer, I have to choose which devices my app is going to work well on, since there are fast and slow tablets. Also screen size, or more specifically, aspect ratio. The iPad mini uses the same height-width ratio as the iPad, meaning that it can run the ~400,000 apps that the full size iPad can.

Better apps. Many of the android apps are free, but man do they SUCK. There was even news of viruses getting into the android market. Not cool.

Better hardware, better design, better OS (argue that all you want), better battery life than its competitors, iTunes Store, iMessage... The list goes on.
lamina is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:55 PM   #23
JoeyCloverfield
macrumors regular

Google is pretty good at bringing out cool features, but Apple has THE ecosystem. Apple's App Store, iCloud, and the fact that I prefer OS X over Chrome OS or Windows 7/8 is the only reason I stay with iOS. It's not a bad OS but I'm getting tired of Apple over exaggerating their progress in their mobile software.

Edit: I also don't like phones made out of plastic.
JoeyCloverfield is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:28 PM   #24
AnorexicPig
macrumors 6502

Quote:

Fair enough-but iOS 6 was more of a point release than a new OS-am on iOS since iPhone 4, and I do hope for some real changes in UI,if only just for the heck of it.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:53 PM   #25
bonskovsky
Banned

Yes, design quality and build is the selling point of an Apple product. When Apple make something, they design for the world. They don't just make it to make to make it.
bonskovsky is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone