Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Feb 1, 2013, 12:11 PM   #1
Cox Orange
macrumors 65816

Someone ever had problems with tuxera NTFS for Mac or MacFuse?

Hello,

since I am experiencing problems with tuxera and was laughed at in another forum for being suspicious and had a bad feeling installing it anyway, I wanted to ask, if some of you had any problems with it.

I am using it on a PowerPC-Mac with 10.5, only 10.5 install, plus Apple Software Updates, nothing else/third party, that could interfere.

Thanks.

PS: the problems are, data can't be written after some time, data on NTFS is only half copied or 0kb and can't be deleted, though first it work for about 800GB on a 1TB HDD. Soon the problem apperas it is not possible to write a even a small file to the remaining 200GB. It says no space left.
Cox Orange is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 01:47 PM   #2
Cox Orange
macrumors 65816

I got an answer in another Forum from developers.

The tuxera NTFS driver (or MacFuse) can harm your system and some people did loose all their data! Fine...
Cox Orange is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 05:53 PM   #3
Quad5Ny
macrumors 6502a

NTFS is a closed source and Microsoft has never licensed it to anyone. Any NTFS driver that's out there today is a result of reverse engineering.

Now that doesn't mean Tuxera NTFS/MacFuse is bad, just that there is no certification from Microsoft for them.

I can't offer you any help besides telling you I wouldn't use anything that writes to a NTFS Volume on anything other than Windows.
Quad5Ny is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X