Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Feb 3, 2013, 09:30 PM   #1
sfxguy
macrumors member

Windows 8 Parallels Keyboard not working on login screen

I am running Parallels 8 on a MacbookPro Retina.

I Updated Windows 7 pro to Windows 8 pro, and after everything went through and was working.

Upon re-booting, the keyboard has stopped working at the login screen.
I have tried clicking on "ease of access" and the onscreen keyboard and the message "Could not start on screen keyboard" pops up ever so quickly then goes away.

I found this thread:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=30&tstart=0

With the same issue, but it does not have a solution unless you are running bootcamp.

(Logging into the command prompt and changing the keyagent file doesn't do anything.)

Has anyone else had this happen or know a fix?

Thanks.
sfxguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:31 PM   #2
sfxguy
macrumors member

...and Parallels tech support response is to un-install and re-install Parallels.

This seems like a very generic response.
sfxguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac