Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Feb 4, 2013, 01:39 PM   #1
Carl Sagan
macrumors 6502a

iCloud & multiple users on same Mac?

Hi all,

This might be a dumb question but if I set up multiple users on a Mac when they log in will all their iCloud settings and sync be there waiting for them?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 05:56 PM   #2
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Yes, as long they are using separate logins like you mentioned. We have 2 on my Mac and both work just fine.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:35 PM   #3
Binx66
macrumors newbie

Two I Cloud accts one email

Both my husband and I have an I phone between us but use the same email account. Is there a way to separate our I Cloud accts so we aren't getting each others text messages?
Binx66 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 02:12 AM   #4
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binx66 View Post
Both my husband and I have an I phone between us but use the same email account. Is there a way to separate our I Cloud accts so we aren't getting each others text messages?
One of you will need to go your iCloud settings and delete the account from your device. When asked to keep data, say yes if you want to keep it. Then you'll need to create your own iCloud account which will include your choice of an @icloud.com email address.

What same email account are you sharing? An @icloud.com email? If you want things separate like texts, you'll each need your own iCloud account. For instance, my wife and I both have our own Apple IDs and our own iCloud accounts. We don't share any accounts, however we have some Reimnders shared for a grocery list and a to-do list.

If you want to share purchases like apps, just stay signed in to the App Store with the same ID, but use separate iCloud accounts to keep your stuff separate.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:29 PM   #5
Binx66
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
One of you will need to go your iCloud settings and delete the account from your device. When asked to keep data, say yes if you want to keep it. Then you'll need to create your own iCloud account which will include your choice of an @icloud.com email address.

What same email account are you sharing? An @icloud.com email? If you want things separate like texts, you'll each need your own iCloud account. For instance, my wife and I both have our own Apple IDs and our own iCloud accounts. We don't share any accounts, however we have some Reimnders shared for a grocery list and a to-do list.

If you want to share purchases like apps, just stay signed in to the App Store with the same ID, but use separate iCloud accounts to keep your stuff separate.
Thanks I think it worked. We share an Apple ID acct but I think I set up a new I Cloud account for my husband. I still get a text back to me whenever I text him but at least we aren't getting each others texts from other people.

Last edited by Binx66; Feb 6, 2013 at 10:31 PM. Reason: I want to add more content
Binx66 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:41 PM   #6
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binx66 View Post
Thanks I think it worked. We share an Apple ID acct but I think I set up a new I Cloud account for my husband. I still get a text back to me whenever I text him but at least we aren't getting each others texts from other people.
Okay, now you need to go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive and uncheck the address you don't want to receive messages to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	395085  

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Tags
icloud, ios, mac, multi-user, osx