Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Feb 5, 2013, 04:13 AM   #1
2bcool2
macrumors regular

black dash on desktop 1 in mission control ?

hi
quick question :
is it normal to have a black dash like rectangle on desktop 1 in mission control in mountain lion imac 2012 ? it doesnt show on the clicked desktop, only when i go into mission control

I've never noticed it before and its bugging me a bit lol ..

thanks for a swift answer
2bcool2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 05:44 PM   #2
2bcool2
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bcool2 View Post
hi
quick question :
is it normal to have a black dash like rectangle on desktop 1 in mission control in mountain lion imac 2012 ? it doesnt show on the clicked desktop, only when i go into mission control

I've never noticed it before and its bugging me a bit lol ..

thanks for a swift answer
anyone ?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 06:04 PM   #3
fungus
macrumors regular

No iMac here, but I don't know what that would be. Can you post a screenshot? Maybe someone will recognize what you're seeing and be able to help.
fungus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 03:23 PM   #4
2bcool2
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungus View Post
No iMac here, but I don't know what that would be. Can you post a screenshot? Maybe someone will recognize what you're seeing and be able to help.
sure, heres a screenshot ,, i noticed its on both my imac and air
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-02-07 at 20.15.03.png
Views:	108
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	395244  
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:05 AM   #5
WrrN
macrumors regular

That's odd. It looks like a dialog box from an Adobe app (because of the dark color). I don't have that on mine with an empty desktop.

Check for running apps/processes in the background that may cause this. Can you read what it says on that "dash"?

I wonder if there's a place to find Mission Control cache files to get a closer look at that image.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:50 AM   #6
2bcool2
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrrN View Post
That's odd. It looks like a dialog box from an Adobe app (because of the dark color). I don't have that on mine with an empty desktop.

Check for running apps/processes in the background that may cause this. Can you read what it says on that "dash"?

I wonder if there's a place to find Mission Control cache files to get a closer look at that image.
i cant read any writing .. looks like blurry dashes of white,

it also doesnt let me swap desktop 1 around in mission control like desktop 2 3 4 etc
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:52 PM   #7
xraydoc
macrumors Demi-God

I'm guessing a hidden window from some running app. If its not an Adobe app, see if its Mozilla or one of the Mozilla apps (I seem to recall one of them often had a "hidden" window open in memory).

Does it occur on a fresh boot with no apps running? Check anything that may auto-start, too.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:26 AM   #8
2bcool2
macrumors regular

please mark as solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraydoc View Post
I'm guessing a hidden window from some running app. If its not an Adobe app, see if its Mozilla or one of the Mozilla apps (I seem to recall one of them often had a "hidden" window open in memory).

Does it occur on a fresh boot with no apps running? Check anything that may auto-start, too.
thanks for your help, i started closing down start up apps and the culprit was mailcue ... its an app that no longer exists, so probably doesnt play well with mountain lion .. thanks for the help ... for some reason was really bigging me lol !

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac