Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Feb 5, 2013, 07:27 AM   #1
Samtb
macrumors 6502a

Smart case

Is the Apple ipad smart case any good? What about the invision smart case?
Samtb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 07:29 AM   #2
Tylercr16
macrumors newbie

I love my smart case. I loved the idea of a stand, but didn't feel safe with just going with the cover. The only problem I have is keeping it clean because I use it so much. And the fact that it's a genuine apple product helps as well
Tylercr16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:00 AM   #3
RenoG
macrumors 65816

We have a whole lot of talk about smart covers here, do a search and you'll see what I mean....All the info you'll ever need..
RenoG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:34 AM   #4
Samtb
macrumors 6502a

Is it flimsy as people have suggested? And does it protect the ipad well? Many people seem to recommend the invision case over it.
Samtb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:51 AM   #5
Tylercr16
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samtb View Post
Is it flimsy as people have suggested? And does it protect the ipad well? Many people seem to recommend the invision case over it.
I don't find it flimsy at all. It's really difficult to get on because it fits the ipad so snug. And I leave it in my book sack with no worries. The folding stand works really well for typing and having the ipad tilted up. I'm not familiar with the invision, but my girlfriend had the speck pixelskin, and that's a definite no buy.
Tylercr16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:41 AM   #6
JTyler82
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samtb View Post
I don't find it flimsy at all either. I love it because it saved me from trying to find that perfect match with a Smart Cover.
JTyler82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 02:04 AM   #7
nerdybooboo
macrumors member

you can also get the smart case too

pink one is nice!
nerdybooboo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 03:45 AM   #8
m1key
macrumors member

I opted to go with the Smart Cover + Incase Magnetic Snap Case. It gives you all the normal viewing angles you get with a smart cover or smart case but it has some extra features. It has 2 magnets on the back part of the case, one magnet allows the smart cover to just stick to the back of your iPad so it isn't flailing around while you are using it, and the second magnet gives you another viewing angle (~35 degrees) in addition to the standard two viewing angles you can achieve with the smart cover or smart case. I find the new viewing angle to be extremely useful, I use it the most of all three, it's good for typing and viewing. Also, I like the hardshell of the Incase Magnetic Snap Case - very sturdy and sleek. Only downside is the price of both.

m1key is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:03 AM   #9
maflynn

I like my smart case. I also have a joy factory case which is good but my kids don't like that because rear plastic cover causes the buttons to be too recessed, so the smart case is what I use
Old Feb 6, 2013, 08:15 AM   #10
RenoG
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1key View Post
I opted to go with the Smart Cover + Incase Magnetic Snap Case. It gives you all the normal viewing angles you get with a smart cover or smart case but it has some extra features. It has 2 magnets on the back part of the case, one magnet allows the smart cover to just stick to the back of your iPad so it isn't flailing around while you are using it, and the second magnet gives you another viewing angle (~35 degrees) in addition to the standard two viewing angles you can achieve with the smart cover or smart case. I find the new viewing angle to be extremely useful, I use it the most of all three, it's good for typing and viewing. Also, I like the hardshell of the Incase Magnetic Snap Case - very sturdy and sleek. Only downside is the price of both.

I think I just found my next combo...
RenoG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 08:21 PM   #11
Bloodraw850
macrumors regular

I used the smart case with my iPad 3 and loved it. Wish they would make one for the mini..
Bloodraw850 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories