Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mgf95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2012
Has anyone else's bluetooth stopped working after they jailbroke? my iphone (verizon 5) wont connect to my car anymore. I tried restarting it, but that doesnt help. Im restoring it now to see if that fixes anything. But if any help would be much appreciated.

kwiky

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2011
Has anyone else's bluetooth stopped working after they jailbroke? my iphone (verizon 5) wont connect to my car anymore. I tried restarting it, but that doesnt help. Im restoring it now to see if that fixes anything. But if any help would be much appreciated.

What tweaks have you installed? Perhaps you installed a different bluetooth stack that is not compatible.

Mgf95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2012
What tweaks have you installed? Perhaps you installed a different bluetooth stack that is not compatible.

Due to Cydia being overload, i had biteSMS, NCSettings, Auxo and Zephyr and ifile. I didnt think any of them affected bluetooth but im not really sure.

kwiky

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2011
Due to Cydia being overload, i had biteSMS, NCSettings, Auxo and Zephyr and ifile. I didnt think any of them affected bluetooth but im not really sure.

I am on an AT&T iphone 5 nearly the same tweaks + a few and I don't have BT issues in my car.

justusmi

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2013
Bluetooth

I as well am having issues connecting via Bluetooth - to Ford SYNC. Running iPhone 5 evasi0n jailbreak on AT&T. Currently I have Activator, Auxo, Barrel, Springtomize 2, Winterboard, Zephyr, SwipeSelection. My major problem is that I am unable to "forget device" to try to re-pair. Any help is greatly appreciated.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
Just want to chime in. After reading this thread I tried and successfully connected to BT speakers. I have pretty similar tweaks installed as most of you. biteSMS, Auxo, Springtomize, NCsettings, DashboardX.

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
No issues here. Similar tweaks. Working in car and with various headphones.

JBryan84

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
I started another thread that can be closed, forgot to search prior to starting a new one, my bad. Anyways I rebooted into safe mode and Bluetooth is now working and allowing me to Forget the Device. I have a lot of tweaks installed and would take forever to post them all. So hopefully that helps some other people out with the same issue and that a fix in Cydia appears soon.

BunkKryptonite

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2013
I had the same issue with bluetooth on an AT&T iPhone 5 and Ford SYNC. After reading this thread, I removed Auxo and was able to successfully connected as a new device. Once the new connection was established, reinstalled Auxo again and was still able to connect.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I noticed the jailbreak broke my bluetooth audio out. When I am connected to my jabra bluetooth speakerphone it plays the music through the phone's speaker, and the only thing going through the jabra is the phone calls.

zenjabba

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2008
I had the same issue with bluetooth on an AT&T iPhone 5 and Ford SYNC. After reading this thread, I removed Auxo and was able to successfully connected as a new device. Once the new connection was established, reinstalled Auxo again and was still able to connect.

I also was having problems with Bluetooth and Auxo. Once I removed it, the problem went away. I'm planning on telling the developer "it's broke, how can I help"

Fabricman112

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
my bluetooth works but the status icon has now disappeared

had the same on my iPhone5.. connected to my wifes iPhone5 with PhotoShare, now my icon shows up (both the gray and white one)
however no units show up in settings when searching for units... bluetooth works, but I cant connect via settings:confused:

my tweaks: ssh, sb settings, adblocker, iBlacklist, iFile, iWep Pro 5, Mobile Terminal & WeeKillBackground Pro

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
had the same on my iPhone5.. connected to my wifes iPhone5 with PhotoShare, now my icon shows up (both the gray and white one)
however no units show up in settings when searching for units... bluetooth works, but I cant connect via settings:confused:

my tweaks: ssh, sb settings, adblocker, iBlacklist, iFile, iWep Pro 5, Mobile Terminal & WeeKillBackground Pro

I bet the weekillbakground pro is killing it, as I have that too. I'll dive into all the processes it's killing then report what I find.

m3kw

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2011
Don't jailbreak, it really screws up your phone. ESP your phones security.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011

Don't speed either.... it's bad for your car.

And don't troll, it's bad for your image.

----------

And PS, saying something like "it really screws up your phone" is so uneducated. The tweaks to do things are what can cause other things to fail, not the actual jailbreak. Do you even understand what a "jailbreak" is? It's gaining root access to be able to make changes you want to. So if you make changes and it screws it up, it's on you. You're the kinda person they lock things for the rest of us down for though.

m3kw

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2011
Don't speed either.... it's bad for your car.

And don't troll, it's bad for your image.

----------

And PS, saying something like "it really screws up your phone" is so uneducated. The tweaks to do things are what can cause other things to fail, not the actual jailbreak. Do you even understand what a "jailbreak" is? It's gaining root access to be able to make changes you want to. So if you make changes and it screws it up, it's on you. You're the kinda person they lock things for the rest of us down for though.

Not trolling. Just saying, don't judge, is bad for your reputation. I make iOS apps for a living, you will get hacked if you open your phones root access. In your analogy, you are now speeding at 150 on a 100. Not merely speeding.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida

Wrong.

You screw up your phone with the packages you install.

Never heard a legit case of a jb device getting hacked aside from a 'message' that went out to users who left alpine as the root password.

m3kw

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2011
Wrong.

You screw up your phone with the packages you install.

You are right, but I was looking at the big picture. If you jailbreak I assume you are not going to just jailbreak and not install anything else.

----------

Also a lot of hacks are not known lol. Hackers spends a lot of time hiding itself. Rooted phones is heaven for them.

Just saying, if you are very tech savvy you probably be ok but hackers are always better than you in the security subject.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Also a lot of hacks are not known lol. Hackers spends a lot of time hiding itself. Rooted phones is heaven for them.

Just saying, if you are very tech savvy you probably be ok but hackers are always better than you in the security subject.

You would think that at least one case would get press about compromised iOS devices. I still haven't seen a story about compromised iOS jailbroken or otherwise. Obviously all devices are vulnerable when plugged in by USB, as that is how the jailbreak is performed, but I always get bent out of shape when people say jailbroken iOS is not secure. Sure it is theoretically less secure, but in practice the only thing that can get you is bad packages and not changing your root password.

m3kw

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2011
You would think that at least one case would get press about compromised iOS devices. I still haven't seen a story about compromised iOS jailbroken or otherwise. Obviously the devices are vulnerable when plugged in by USB, as that is how the jailbreak is performed, but I always get bent out of shape when people say jailbroken iOS is not secure. Sure it is theoretically less secure, but in practice the only thing that can get you is bad packages.

Is very easy to make a useful app, and then that app to install another package in the background without you knowing because it is rooted. I'm just pointing out how easy it is. How often it happens? Just look at how many window users get hacked.

Anyways is no big deal to me, I just want to put better warning to users.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009

I tried to do some extrasensory perception with my jb iPhone before, but people keep looking at me weird.:confused:
venkphone.jpg

TS BT working fine here on 4S jb

Last edited:

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Is very easy to make a useful app, and then that app to install another package in the background without you knowing because it is rooted. I'm just pointing out how easy it is. How often it happens? Just look at how many window users get hacked.

Anyways is no big deal to me, I just want to put better warning to users.

my point is that the problems that happen on windows simply don't happen on iOS. You're just flinging poo.

If it's so easy, it would be happening now and cases would be all over the internet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.