Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m3kw

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2011
my point is that the problems that happen on windows simply don't happen on iOS. You're just flinging poo.

If it's so easy, it would be happening now and cases would be all over the internet.

It is expected that jb'ers get hacked and is not really news if they do! Because enough warnings have been given. Obviously not enough for some ppl here!

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
It is expected that jb'ers get hacked and is not really news if they do! Because enough warnings have been given. Obviously not enough for some ppl here!

no... it really isn't.. post one article that supports your position. my accounts have never been compromised through jailbroken iOS.

I'm done getting trolled.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_jailbreaking#Security.2C_privacy.2C_and_stability
default root password and the pdf bug that was used to jb 4.3; the jb actually fixed the pdf exploit in 4.3 and was therefore more secure than factory iOS 4.3

Last edited:

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Not trolling. Just saying, don't judge, is bad for your reputation. I make iOS apps for a living, you will get hacked if you open your phones root access. In your analogy, you are now speeding at 150 on a 100. Not merely speeding.

You make no logical argument, can't formulate a decent analogy, and what's bad for the reputation is to claim to make iOS apps for a living in the same sentence you completely discredit your basic knowledge of how a file system on the iPhone works.

m3kw

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2011
You make no logical argument, can't formulate a decent analogy, and what's bad for the reputation is to claim to make iOS apps for a living in the same sentence you completely discredit your basic knowledge of how a file system on the iPhone works.

Anything goes with a rooted phone. Sand boxing applies no more. I don't really care about virtual rep.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Anything goes with a rooted phone. Sand boxing applies no more. I don't really care about virtual rep.

Clearly you don't understand what you're talking about.

So why are you concerned about others' "virtual rep" yet not your own?

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Get lost. lol.

You're the one spreading false information.

For the record, you have yet to actually post an article that backs what you're saying. It's no different than my grandma saying "The internet will steal your identity if you use your credit card to buy something online" ... clearly you're in the wrong forum. Move on.

m3kw

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2011
You're the one spreading false information.

For the record, you have yet to actually post an article that backs what you're saying. It's no different than my grandma saying "The internet will steal your identity if you use your credit card to buy something online" ... clearly you're in the wrong forum. Move on.

I think me and numerous security researchers have posted enough warning on the net to explain to you what risks you are taking. Is higher than usual because no commercial firm will make a sec prog for jail broken devices.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I think me and numerous security researchers have posted enough warning on the net to explain to you what risks you are taking. Is higher than usual because no commercial firm will make a sec prog for jail broken devices.

Grammar isn't your friend, apparently.

So rather than talking about these "security researchers" postings, how about you post links to them as several users in this thread have requested?

Also, I think many of us would be interested to see the apps you've developed for iOS, since you've brought it up several times.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I love it when the religious nuts come into the jailbreak section. Always makes life so much more fun. m3kw you came into the jailbreak hack section just to preach to us and save us. Thank you so much! Please provide us some links to your gospel. FYI Jailbreaking and rooting a phone are not quite the same thing similar but not the same. However my Android tablet is also rooted I live on the edge!

TS Bluetooth is working perfect on my Iphone 4s I have most of your tweaks also. not sure if Auxo will be staying though.

Last edited:

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I love it when the religious nuts come into the jailbreak section. Always makes life so much more fun. m3kw you came into the jailbreak hack section just to preach to us and save us. Thank you so much! Please provide us some links to your gospel. FYI Jailbreaking and rooting a phone are not quite the same thing similar but not the same. However my Android tablet is also rooted I live on the edge!

He's too busy making his livelihood developing iOS apps to be bothered with facts or evidence of what he's saying, lol

----------

So I figured out what was going on (for me at least) ... when I installed the jailbreak, I also installed WeeAppKiller, to alleviate stuff constantly running and allow me to tap to kill-all.

The issue is the current version of WeeAppKiller kills much more than just apps, it actually sees some of the system processes and tasks as "apps" and kills them. So what I did was go into the WeeAppKiller settings, and "exception remove" everything system related, so now when I kill-all, it doesn't kill the system tasks, and my bluetooth issues have disappeared.

Apparently when WeeBackgroundAppKiller was made, they didn't think to separate the system processes from the apps, so you're likely killing things you really want running. :)

m3kw

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2011
He's too busy making his livelihood developing iOS apps to be bothered with facts or evidence of what he's saying, lol

----------

So I figured out what was going on (for me at least) ... when I installed the jailbreak, I also installed WeeAppKiller, to alleviate stuff constantly running and allow me to tap to kill-all.

The issue is the current version of WeeAppKiller kills much more than just apps, it actually sees some of the system processes and tasks as "apps" and kills them. So what I did was go into the WeeAppKiller settings, and "exception remove" everything system related, so now when I kill-all, it doesn't kill the system tasks, and my bluetooth issues have disappeared.

Apparently when WeeBackgroundAppKiller was made, they didn't think to separate the system processes from the apps, so you're likely killing things you really want running. :)

Anyways you guys wrote a lot, ain't gonna read it, I just saw the word grammar and skip the rest knowing I'm talking to a wall. I'm out as you wish.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Anyways you guys wrote a lot, ain't gonna read it, I just saw the word grammar and skip the rest knowing I'm talking to a wall. I'm out as you wish.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

McDV

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013
Germany
You are all right: Of course a Cydia-App has root-access and can do whatever it wants without you noticing anything. But that's nothing else than downloading software on a PC. So you have to trust the source.
Things like Activator, SBSettings, Zephyr and Auxo etc. are probably safe.

If people think piracy was a good idea and download stolen software from doubtful sources, they indeed shouldn't wonder, if they download malware. It's the same with people who simply download anything they will find.

McDV

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013
Germany
My problem was also auxo. I uninstalled and automatically bluetooth went back to normal

For me the problem only occurs when pairing with a new device. Once paired, connecting is no problem. So as a workaround you can switch to SafeMode for pairing (and only for pairing.)

But in the last days, there have been several Auxo-updates. I didn't try it yet, so does anyone know if they maybe fixed the issue?

Regards
McDV

doctheseus

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2011
I have Iphone 4s, not able to connect to my car as well as my macbook pro, my macbook see the phones and sets up as new phone, but when i try to connect through phone, phone states the macbook pro is not supported, i restored it without any jailbreak and still the problem persists...do not know what to do...any help appreciated....Thanks

Jakeblu

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2008
UK
I have Iphone 4s, not able to connect to my car as well as my macbook pro, my macbook see the phones and sets up as new phone, but when i try to connect through phone, phone states the macbook pro is not supported, i restored it without any jailbreak and still the problem persists...do not know what to do...any help appreciated....Thanks

Your iphone will not connect to your Macbook pro via bluetooth for file sharing or personal hotspot (well it will with a work around). Its not a bug btw but how apple intends it.

danbl68

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2013
this happened to me on my 4S and i found out it was due to NCSettings....once I removed it the bluetooth worked perfectly and connected to the car

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
Just wanted to add my case. My phone was always paired to my car (Ford Sync) and after jailbreak and adding several tweaks (including Auxo) I never had any trouble. Over the weekend my phone was replaced under warranty (dirt inside the camera) and before I paired it to my car, I jailbroke and added my apps/tweaks including Auxo. This morning I can't pair. I'm going to try safe mode at lunch, but I suspect that will work. Thanks for the tips here, folks!

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
On my devices (iPad 2 and iPhone 4S), it is only when I uninstall MyWi and reboot does Bluetooth work.

Clean restore & jailbreak:
Bluetooth works fine.
I can join my iPad to my iPhone, join my MacBook Pro to my iPhone, etc.

Install MyWi:
Bluetooth fails to connect. My iPad tells me to "make sure the iPhone is in range", my MacBook Pro connects and immediately disconnects, etc.

Native tethering works (WiFi and Bluetooth), so I will simply go without MyWi until Bluetooth is fixed with it.

llarson

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
CONFIRMED Auxo causes Bluetooth issues

I was having a problem pairing with several Bluetooth devices until I read about people with a similar issue who uninstalled Auxo and it went away.

I took Auxo, which I really liked, off my phone and I was able to pair right away.

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
I was having a problem pairing with several Bluetooth devices until I read about people with a similar issue who uninstalled Auxo and it went away.

I took Auxo, which I really liked, off my phone and I was able to pair right away.

Must not be onlyAuxo as I use it in my iP5 6.1.2 and have no pairing or playback issues with BT across several different BT devices/headsets/cars.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009

I uninstalled Auxo, paired, and reinstalled Auxo. Haven't had a problem since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.