Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FJ2011

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
I am current using Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 with my new 2012 iMac.

I have been always put my iMac to sleep when I am not using it. Now I can wake up iMac by double click "Space" button on the keyboard. But when I tried to type the password on the login screen, nothing appears on the iMac. I have to unplug the usb adapter of keyboard and replug it back.

Then I am able to type the password and login to the iMac.

Any feedbacks of how to resolve this issue will be much appreciated!!!

Thanks,

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I am current using Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 with my new 2012 iMac.

I have been always put my iMac to sleep when I am not using it. Now I can wake up iMac by double click "Space" button on the keyboard. But when I tried to type the password on the login screen, nothing appears on the iMac. I have to unplug the usb adapter of keyboard and replug it back.

Then I am able to type the password and login to the iMac.

Any feedbacks of how to resolve this issue will be much appreciated!!!

Thanks,

When you get back logged in, have you tried to check for updated software from Logitech? Perhaps they have a fix for this bug.

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
How about using a different port for the USB dongle?

Yeah.

To expand on this, OP, is your keyboard plugged directly into the back of the mac or is it plugged into a hub?

If a hub, then try the Mac directly. Otherwise I got nothing apart from repair permissions (does that even help?) and all the usual resets when there is a problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.