Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
It makes me crazy that you can only use up to 10,000 songs for itunes match.

But what's worse, is the fact that I can actually accept the limit if it was user-friendly to CHOOSE which 10,000 of my library I wanted. It's honestly unthinkable that apple makes this impossible.

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
Yes, sorry. Although my argument still stands. It's not the limitation per se but the friction involved in choosing 25,000 should your library be >25,000

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
I've done that too (set up a second library), but it's very difficult to maintain, especially if you want to switch out songs ...

DJLC

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2005
North Carolina
That does sound like a PITA.

Considered Spotify? It'll match everything in your iTunes Library while also giving you access to so much more. Sure, it has ads, but you can pay a bit to get them removed. I honestly don't even touch iTunes anymore...

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
Like so many things "Apple", Match is not designed for extreme edge cases. And yes, dedicating 100% of a year’s salary on music is an edge case. Don’t expect a solution design for the masses to meet your needs. You should be looking at other solutions. If having a complete library of that size is a requirement, you may want to get a dedicated 128GB device. That should be close to your library size assuming you don’t use lossless.
BTW, you would be saving untold amounts of money by switching to a monthly service based system like Spotify or Rdio instead of buying so much music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.