Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:42 AM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Apple Ranks Second in Mobile Shopping Satisfaction Behind Amazon

A customer satisfaction survey of mobile shoppers by analytics firm ForeSee (via BGR) puts Apple in joint-second place with QVC, scoring 83%, just behind the top scorer Amazon at 85%.

Overall consumer satisfaction with the mobile shopping experience increased slightly from 76% in 2011 to 78% in 2012.
Quote:
The mobile platform is maturing much faster than the PC platform. We see it in the rate of consumer adoption, and fortunately we are seeing it in how well the top retailers are adapting to multichannel consumers who are embracing yet another powerful tool," said Larry Freed, president and CEO of ForeSee. "But retailers shouldn't get too comfortable because change is just about the only thing you can count on. Consumers expect retailers to provide a consistent and seamless experience, regardless of the channel.
The survey was based on more than 6200 shoppers, conducted during the holiday shopping season between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Article Link: Apple Ranks Second in Mobile Shopping Satisfaction Behind Amazon
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:44 AM   #2
AdeFowler
macrumors 68020

I have to say that Amazon's customer services is pretty bloody marvellous.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:13 PM   #3
Schmitty11
Banned

It's hard to beat Amazon. Most of the time, my two day shipments arrive the day after I place the order, although being 2.5 hours from a distribution center probably helps. But Amazon does not disappoint.
Schmitty11 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:18 PM   #4
nagromme
macrumors G4

I rank them a DISTANT second, when Amazon's store has a very nice native iPad app (two in fact), and Apple's Apple Store app is still iPhone-only
nagromme is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:24 PM   #5
bandalay
macrumors member

Their online store is still a bloody noisy mess of crap. I only shop their when I can't anywhere else.

Have to take a peek at their iPad app.

No comparison with Apple's online store.
bandalay is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:47 PM   #6
Hastings101
macrumors 68000

Nice, Amazon deserves #1. They have some of the best customer service I've ever experienced and their mobile apps are great.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion