Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:47 AM   #1
GeorgieAcevedo
macrumors 6502a

I miss my iPad

I had the iPad 3 launch day, loved it. When the mini was released sold the iPad 3 and got the mini. I disliked the mini screen so return it and said **** that, I'll wait for the next gen of iPads.

Now.... I just really miss having the iPad. Is it a bit stupid if I go buy one today? or should I just really wait until next gen?

I'm just so undecided that I need some opinions.

I'm just really thinking of getting the iPad 4 and take good care of it and sell it right away when the new one is released and just purchase the new iPad.

Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:56 AM   #2
narutoninjakid
macrumors 6502

I'm having the same problem just sold my iPad 2 and I don't know if I should get the 3 or 4. I want to get the 4 but supposedly the 5 is coming out soon and I don't know which one to get 3 or 4 and what happens to resale value. I'm so confused
narutoninjakid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:00 AM   #3
Woodcrest64
macrumors 6502a

I would wait until the next gen. You can hold off for a while. I'm hoping the next mini has a retina display. I do like the larger screen of the iPad 9.7" but I don't
like the added weight.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:37 AM   #4
Fireball Dragon
macrumors regular

Depends if you need it now. If so, go for it!

Even if you wait and the next mini doesn't have retina, it is highly likely that the 9.7" iPad will have a new form-factor!

If I was in your position, I would buy one now. Life is too short to keep waiting, especially for technology. The current iPad will do everything the next gen of iPads can...

----------

And if you decide to upgrade when they do come (maybe October???), go for it!
Fireball Dragon is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:59 AM   #5
GeorgieAcevedo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball Dragon View Post
Depends if you need it now. If so, go for it!

Even if you wait and the next mini doesn't have retina, it is highly likely that the 9.7" iPad will have a new form-factor!

If I was in your position, I would buy one now. Life is too short to keep waiting, especially for technology. The current iPad will do everything the next gen of iPads can...

----------

And if you decide to upgrade when they do come (maybe October???), go for it!
You just convinced me to go for it I'm 98% sure I will head to apple today after work to grab a black iPad 4.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:22 PM   #6
Zav
macrumors member

I'm glad you went for it. The iPad 4 is an amazing product, the next gen iPad won't be such a big improvement that you will look back and regret getting it. Just as the iPad 4 wasn't to the iPad 3. It will still be as capable as the next gen iPad just as the iPad 2 and iPad 3 are now

Zav is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:46 PM   #7
roytherock123
macrumors newbie

Follow my opinion, You should wait. Why ? You know. Design of ipad 5 is completely different from previous ipads. And perhaps a next gen of ipad ( ipad 6,7) will have the design of ipad 5. So, it maybe unfashionable when you use ipad. But it's up to you
Have fun
roytherock123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:49 PM   #8
Fireball Dragon
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgieAcevedo View Post
You just convinced me to go for it I'm 98% sure I will head to apple today after work to grab a black iPad 4.
I think your mind was already set... You just needed a little encouragement

Enjoy your new iPad!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by roytherock123 View Post
Follow my opinion, You should wait. Why ? You know. Design of ipad 5 is completely different from previous ipads. And perhaps a next gen of ipad ( ipad 6,7) will have the design of ipad 5. So, it maybe unfashionable when you use ipad. But it's up to you
Have fun
But surely if someone keeps waiting, it means they don't really 'need' the iPad anyway... But I understand what you mean., there's always something better around the corner.

Last edited by Fireball Dragon; Feb 17, 2013 at 10:53 AM.
Fireball Dragon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:53 PM   #9
mac jones
macrumors 68040

Its a very bad idea waiting for new a ipad model.

I believe that's called......suffering?
mac jones is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:43 PM   #10
hayden1250
macrumors member

Go for it mate! The iPad 4 is fantastic!
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:51 PM   #11
mpayne2k
macrumors 6502a

Not to be too cynical here, but OP, do you really think you'll be satisfied with the iPad 4 if you buy now then in 3, 6 or 9 months from now the iPad 5 comes out? Judging by your habits (bought iPad 3, sold, bought iPad Mini, returned, now want iPad 4) you'll probably want the 5 when it comes out.

Sure you'll enjoy the 4 from now until the 5 is released, but are you really going to have THAT much better time than if you just bought an iPad 3 (to have retina as the Mini turned you off so much)? You could probably save yourself some bills just getting an iPad 3 instead. Enjoy "having an iPad" in the meantime and then upgrade to the 5 in a couple months.
mpayne2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:59 PM   #12
Gmerdude
macrumors 6502

The mini is great why didn you like the screen exactly ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Gmerdude is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:44 PM   #13
syd430

Discounted new ipad 4 is your answer. Get 15% by either getting a price match, education store discount or by other means. Resale loss would be minimal or non-existent when the ipad 5 is released.
  0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:38 AM   #14
roytherock123
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac jones View Post
Its a very bad idea waiting for new a ipad model.

I believe that's called......suffering?
I need Ipad. Not really "need". I mean I'd love it. Ipad is my dream. Every night I dream about it. Now I can buy but I want to wait. Maybe I call it.... "faculty of reason"
roytherock123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:08 PM   #15
GeorgieAcevedo
macrumors 6502a

Love my new iPad 4 thank you for the encouragement guys!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmerdude View Post
The mini is great why didn you like the screen exactly ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Pixels... Everywhere!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:39 PM   #16
AppleRobert
macrumors 68020

Just keep it in good condition in case you want to upgrade. I don't think you'll take a beating selling it down the road to tell the truth.

Enjoy!
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:54 PM   #17
ugahairydawgs
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutoninjakid View Post
I'm having the same problem just sold my iPad 2 and I don't know if I should get the 3 or 4. I want to get the 4 but supposedly the 5 is coming out soon and I don't know which one to get 3 or 4 and what happens to resale value. I'm so confused
If you need one right now then get the one that best fits your needs. If you can wait, then wait.

Trying to time the market so you always have the latest and greatest will paralyze you.
ugahairydawgs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:11 PM   #18
raccoonboy
macrumors 6502a

If i were you, i might just go back to buy another Ipad 2.

I dont care about retina, the screen is big. My phone has retina, thanks god the screen 3.5 is getting too small. I dont think retina on Ipad is a big deal unless you are a gaming freak. The screen is 9.7"!!!

As for mini, i agree. But im not neutral, i hated it before it even come out. I used to have 7 inch tablet. Its too small, i dont know what it is. Its a tweener.

The phone, on the other hand, should pack bigger battery and little bigger screen. Ipad 2 is the best at its price now compare to 3 or 4.
raccoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:42 PM   #19
Bobby Corwen
macrumors 68000

go forr itt head to the store!!!!!!
Bobby Corwen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:48 PM   #20
Essenar
macrumors 6502

You made the right choice. The iPad 5 isn't due out until September/October and 8 months is almost an entire life cycle.
Essenar is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:33 AM   #21
mcdj
macrumors 603

If I were in the same boat, I'd have bought a used or refurbed 3.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:16 PM   #22
Defender2010
macrumors 68000

Congrats, your iPad will look prehistoric soon so keep it in tip top condition for the resale.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:55 PM   #23
kdoug
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgieAcevedo View Post
I had the iPad 3 launch day, loved it. When the mini was released sold the iPad 3 and got the mini. I disliked the mini screen so return it and said **** that, I'll wait for the next gen of iPads.

Now.... I just really miss having the iPad. Is it a bit stupid if I go buy one today? or should I just really wait until next gen?

I'm just so undecided that I need some opinions.

I'm just really thinking of getting the iPad 4 and take good care of it and sell it right away when the new one is released and just purchase the new iPad.

Thanks!
I did the same thing this evening. After 2 months I couldn't take the iPad mini screen any longer. I also realized something else, the wireless on my mini must have been faulty because the bar was continually moving up and down and this new 4 is rock solid. I should have never bought into the hype. Good riddance to the red-headed stepchild.

Last edited by kdoug; Feb 18, 2013 at 10:00 PM.
kdoug is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:48 AM   #24
narutoninjakid
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoug View Post
I did the same thing this evening. After 2 months I couldn't take the iPad mini screen any longer. I also realized something else, the wireless on my mini must have been faulty because the bar was continually moving up and down and this new 4 is rock solid. I should have never bought into the hype. Good riddance to the red-headed stepchild.
I got the iPad 4 as well I was thinking to sell the 4 as soon as 5 comes out but if the upgrade is really not that much of an improent I mady just hold onto the 4
narutoninjakid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:08 AM   #25
kdoug
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender2010 View Post
Congrats, your iPad will look prehistoric soon so keep it in tip top condition for the resale.
And what's your Mini gonna be worth IF and when Apple decides to replace it with Retina? Check eBay prices on iPad 1st gen and that'll give you some idea. Until then, keep practicing on that "pinch to zoom" feature.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad