Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:33 AM   #1
Liquinn
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Buy iPad mini now or wait?

Hi, should I buy the iPad mini now or wait? Thanks.
__________________
2011 Mini | 13" (cMBP) + 15" (rMBP 2013) | Powermac G5 | 27" TBD | iPhone 3GS (16GB) | iPad 1 and iPad 4 | iPod touch 4G (64GB) | Apple Wireless Keyboard + Magic Mouse x2 | Magic Trackpad |
Liquinn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:36 AM   #2
Mac'nCheese
macrumors 68020
 
Mac'nCheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquinn View Post
Hi, should I buy the iPad mini now or wait? Thanks.
Wait. But just a week or so. Then buy two. Trust me.
Mac'nCheese is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:24 AM   #3
syd430
Guest
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquinn View Post
should I buy the iPad mini now or wait?
Yes.
  0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:47 AM   #4
Stewart21
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquinn View Post
Hi, should I buy the iPad mini now or wait? Thanks.
When will you find the time to use it with all those other Apple devices?
__________________
20" iMac 2007 2GHZ C2D 4GB RAM 250GB & 2011 13' MBA 1.7GHz i5 4GB 128SSD. Both OSX Mavericks. iPad Mini 32GB WiFi Black/Slate. ATV3.
Stewart21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:59 AM   #5
Liquinn
Thread Starter
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart21 View Post
When will you find the time to use it with all those other Apple devices?
I will find the time to use it. Eh? I don't own much.
__________________
2011 Mini | 13" (cMBP) + 15" (rMBP 2013) | Powermac G5 | 27" TBD | iPhone 3GS (16GB) | iPad 1 and iPad 4 | iPod touch 4G (64GB) | Apple Wireless Keyboard + Magic Mouse x2 | Magic Trackpad |
Liquinn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:01 AM   #6
skaertus
macrumors 68020
 
skaertus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquinn View Post
Hi, should I buy the iPad mini now or wait? Thanks.
Do you need it? Do you want it? Do you need/want it now? Would you be upset if Apple released an iPad mini with a retina display just after a few weeks after you bought yours?
__________________
15-inch Retina MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz (early 2013) | 13-inch MacBook 2.4 GHz (early 2008) | 32 GB new iPad wi-fi + cellular | 16 GB iPhone 5s | 16 GB iPhone 5
skaertus is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:35 AM   #7
mpayne2k
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquinn View Post
I will find the time to use it. Eh? I don't own much.
You have an iPad 1 and 4...why the need for a Mini?
mpayne2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:38 AM   #8
saving107
macrumors 603
 
saving107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Jose, Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquinn View Post
I will find the time to use it. Eh? I don't own much.
Quote:
2011 Mini | 13" + 15" Macbook Pro 2012 | Powermac G5 | 27" TBD | iPhone 3GS (16GB) | iPad 1 and iPad 4 | iPod touch 4G (64GB) | Apple Wireless Keyboard + Magic Mouse x2 | Magic Trackpad |

Why are people incapable of making informed decisions on their own, this question gets asked every other day. If you need it, buy it, if you don't they don't buy it, simple logic.
__________________
When I want to vent I must take it to the internet to get satisfaction, because people must know I am not happy.
saving107 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:47 AM   #9
Alx9876
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA
I would buy now. You won't regret it.

If this were a MacBook air then wait.
Alx9876 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:56 AM   #10
Liquinn
Thread Starter
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by saving107 View Post
Why are people incapable of making informed decisions on their own, this question gets asked every other day. If you need it, buy it, if you don't they don't buy it, simple logic.
I also own an Apple Battery Charger too.

I'll wait for the iPad mini 2. Thanks.
__________________
2011 Mini | 13" (cMBP) + 15" (rMBP 2013) | Powermac G5 | 27" TBD | iPhone 3GS (16GB) | iPad 1 and iPad 4 | iPod touch 4G (64GB) | Apple Wireless Keyboard + Magic Mouse x2 | Magic Trackpad |
Liquinn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:57 PM   #11
AbyssImpact
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
buy now. when the retina is announced, sell it, and then wait for it to come out. this isn't rocket science.
AbyssImpact is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:16 PM   #12
AppleRobert
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Sell the ipad 1, buy the Mini. I wouldn't even want the Ipad 1 anymore to begin with if I owned an ipad 4 as well.
AppleRobert is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:19 PM   #13
DesertEagle
macrumors 6502a
 
DesertEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: /home @ 127.0.0.1
If you want it now, need it now and can afford it now, then why not buy it now?
DesertEagle is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will the iPAD MINI 2 have 'retina' display and A6? Should I wait to buy the mini? saintforlife iPad 71 Jun 26, 2014 07:23 PM
iPad Mini: cheaper to buy ipad mini now or wait til after release of ipad mini 2? mackarena iPad 3 Nov 6, 2013 08:16 AM
iPad Mini: Buy the iPad mini now or wait? Liquinn iPad 34 Jun 18, 2013 11:35 AM
iPad Mini: Should I buy iPad mini now or wait? sphumi iPad 18 Feb 3, 2013 10:38 AM
All iPads: iPad Mini - To Buy or WAIT? iMike97 iPad 32 Jan 2, 2013 02:30 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC