|Feb 18, 2013, 11:12 AM||#1|
Which iPad Best for Work Situation
I work for a water, fire, and mold restoration/reconstruction company. Our corporate headquarters is developing an app that will run on iPads for our technicians to use in the field. I am trying to decide which iPad would be best, the full size or the mini. Would like opinions from some people who own both, or one or the other. Below, I have listed the primary functions it will be used for. Thanks for any feedback.
- taking photos of rooms we are working in to document file
- loading contracts that insurance companies want signed for homeowner to look over and sign
- scanning credit card or photographing checks for payment
- providing directions to next stop to crew as well as tracking of crews
- filling out of scope sheets for job
- barcode scanning equipment used on site to track inventory
- sketching room measurements
- making job file notes and entering humidity and moisture content amounts for job file documentation
|Feb 18, 2013, 01:00 PM||#2|
The iPad mini since it sounds like they'll be carrying them around most of the time. And they're a handy size.
GSM Unlocked Moto X 16gb (Android 4.4.4)
ATT Nokia Lumia 520 8gb (Windows Phone 8.1)
Slate iPod Touch 5th Generation 32gb (iOS 8.0)
Slate iPad Mini 16gb (iOS 8.1)
|Feb 18, 2013, 05:19 PM||#5|
I agree. Get a few of each and have your employees try both out? Though it seems the mini might be more preferable. Both even have the same camera, though I doubt the iPad's capabilities as a document scanner. Never got it to work properly as one.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|iPad Mini: iPad Mini: What is the carrier situation this time around?||Cathode||iPad||4||Mar 13, 2013 09:35 AM|
|iPhone: Weird Situation! Evasi0n 1.4 - 1.5.2 will not work for me!||Brother Esau||Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks||10||Mar 12, 2013 02:45 AM|
|VPN between home and iPad does not work on work Wi-Fi?||Jimmy Guphanti||iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting||3||Jan 9, 2013 09:40 AM|
|All iPads: practicality of iPad in college situation?||xstaycold||iPad||18||Dec 19, 2012 08:17 AM|
|iPad Mini: New York iPad Mini Situation?||stringerhye||iPad||8||Nov 3, 2012 01:02 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.