Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

proverbs

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2005
lol. this topic has been going on since July. i think there are about 20+ threads a day regarding this topic.

i actually was trying to sell my 1.67 powerbook at the begining of august, and a bunch of people were telling me, "i'll buy it for $1500 (or some other low ball price) because the new PB is supposed to come out next week". good thing i decided to keep it.

but yes, i do believe it should be coming out soon - maybe right before Christmas.

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
Ugh, I hope so. I need to buy a PowerBook THIS WEEK. I want an up-to-date one. :(

(And I don't need the PowerBook this week. I'll just need to spend the money this week. I'll only have this week as a window for spending the money on a PowerBook before it's gone or spent by someone else. :( :( )

I want a new PowerBook with marginally faster CPUs, dual-layer SuperDrive standard, 128MB graphics standard, the modem (RJ-11) port replaced with another USB (or 2), larger drives, and a free iSight included (no way I'm paying $150, or even $130 edu, on something that comes free with a $1299 17" G5 iMac!).

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
If you actually NEED a portable this week, I'd buy
an iBook with just enough to cover your true portable
requirements AND a 17" iMac G5 for your heavier
work.

Both for the price of a fully equipped G4 15" 1.67 PB

Mannequin

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2005
California
well, you know... if you buy it today they will upgrade it tomorrow. But if you don't buy it and wait then of course they wont upgrade it at all.. ;) thats how things work.

RobHague

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2005
Looks possible.

However maybe Apple are holding off updating the Power and iBooks because they are going 'Intel' first? I mean would make some sense that the portable systems would be the first to make use of the Intels low power consumption etc.

It's all speculation though, it does not matter what anyone thinks will happen - its what will happen. Only one person knows that for sure, and he isnt available for comment. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.