Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 12, 2013, 08:50 PM   #1
xlr8or
macrumors newbie

Import Firefox Bookmarks to Safari for Windows

Hi all,

First post here so don't flame me.

I'm saving for a new Mac mini and in the meantime have installed Safari for Windows on my Windows XP SP3 machine while my bank account accumulates so I can get some experience on Apple software.

I exported my Firefox bookmarks to an html file and went through the File > Import Bookmarks routine in Safari to import my bookmarks. When in Safari, opening bookmarks from either the toolbar at the top or with the bookmarks button on the menu bar, I can only see my bookmarks that aren't in a folder. I have several hundred bookmarks that are in probably a dozen folders that do not display either in the Show All Bookmarks in the Bookmarks dropdown on the toolbar or by clicking the bookmarks button. Have I done something wrong? Any suggestions on how I can see ALL of my bookmark?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:05 PM   #2
phoenixsan
macrumors 65816

Maybe.....

this link is helpful:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:55 PM   #3
xlr8or
macrumors newbie

Thank you for the suggestion, I followed all of those steps and I do have a folder that occurs under the Bookmarks header on the left side of the screen when I click on the Bookmarks button or Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks menu drop down. When I do click on the folder the unsorted bookmarks appear on the right side of the Safari screen in a Cover flow pattern. However, the bulk of my bookmarks are in subfolders and these are the ones that I seem to be missing. They just don't seem to be there. I've done the Import Bookmarks sequence about 4 times now and getting frustrated.

Any additional hints or suggestions? Thanks!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store