Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:28 PM   #1
gnomeisland
macrumors regular

2X Graphics cards, which one is used by Final Cut Pro X?

I installed a GTX 570 in my Mac Pro. So far everything works great and it is recognized just fine. I left my GT 120 in there because I have the space and it is the native card.

I know with Resolve/CUDA the recommended set up is run the displays off the GT 120 and use the faster card just for CUDA. Does OpenCL in Final Cut X work the same way? Honestly, I haven't noticed much of a difference in Final Cut (although Lux Mark and other benchmark programs shows a very large performance increase). I am currently still running the displays off the GT120 and wondering if that is the problem.
gnomeisland is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:01 PM   #2
linuxcooldude
macrumors 68000

Supposedly on cards that use more then 2GB of VRAM OpenCL is not activated. Now with Mac OSX 10.8.3 there is no limit & OpenCl will work with no work around. Not sure if that is your problem or not.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:43 AM   #3
gnomeisland
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxcooldude View Post
Supposedly on cards that use more then 2GB of VRAM OpenCL is not activated. Now with Mac OSX 10.8.3 there is no limit & OpenCl will work with no work around. Not sure if that is your problem or not.
I don't have more than 2GB on the card so I don't think that that is the issue. Does OS X fully use the card if there isn't actually a display plugged in?
gnomeisland is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2013, 03:45 PM   #4
mjsanders5uk
macrumors member

I believe Apply specifically recommend only one graphics card on an FCP X system.
mjsanders5uk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video