Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 29, 2013, 05:36 PM   #1
Khryz
macrumors 6502a

f.lux not working with SSD's?

I recently upgraded my stock HDD to a Samsung 840 SSD, which is a clone of my original HDD. Ever since I installed the SSD, f.lux no longer works.

It tells me it is at 2300K (the Candle setting) yet it is bright as when I move the slider to the complete end of the spectrum. Nothing changes between Daylight and Sunset. Un-installing and re-installing multiple times have done nothing too.

For those with SSD's, does f.lux work for you?
Khryz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 06:52 PM   #2
Nightarchaon
macrumors 65816

Working fine for me with a home brew fusion drive, i didn't clone and restore that way however, i fresh installed everything for a cleaner machine, time consuming i know, but less chance of hiccoughs like this happening i feel.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 07:05 PM   #3
Khryz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightarchaon View Post
Working fine for me with a home brew fusion drive, i didn't clone and restore that way however, i fresh installed everything for a cleaner machine, time consuming i know, but less chance of hiccoughs like this happening i feel.
I think I may do the same actually. I'm in the process of moving all important files to an external HDD and then I think I'll do a clean ML install and then move just what I want back. Is that what you did?

I really need f.lux as it helps so much with my eyes and sleeping when I use my computer at night, plus just starting from scratch is good too.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 03:41 AM   #4
Nightarchaon
macrumors 65816

witout flux my eyes would be ruined, i had no idea how big an impact it actually made, initially i started using it on my iPad because it was too bright to read books on in bed under just the backlight (even on minimum brightness) and i was so impressed it is now installed under windows and Mac OSX on all my home systems.

When i put my SSD in i also removed the supadrive and dropped a caddy in its place for the old hard disk, then i booted of a ML USB key and created a new Fusion Drive. I just re-installed all my software from the network Drobo as a clean install
Old Mar 30, 2013, 09:41 AM   #5
Khryz
macrumors 6502a

Well, I fixed the issue and I have no idea why this fixed it .. but I just logged out of my user account and logged back in and it was instantly working. Very strange.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 01:36 PM   #6
Quotenfrau
macrumors 6502

what's that good about f.lux? Didn't know before..

Quote:
f.lux

f.lux fixes this: it makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.

It's even possible that you're staying up too late because of your computer. You could use f.lux because it makes you sleep better, or you could just use it just because it makes your computer look better.
Quotenfrau is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store