Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
There has been lots of talk and angry people about Apple's scratchable iPods... There's even a lawsuit going on :rolleyes:...

And yet, no pictures...

Well guys and gals, show them... Show your scratched iPods.

But first, a few suggestions when posting. Please tell:

1) How long have you had it?
2) What kind of use does it usually go through (Run with it?, School? etc...)
3) What Gen. is it?
5) What are your comments on the amount of scratches it has...

Mine: I got mine less than 2 weeks after its release, iPod 4G 40GB. I take it to school and listen to it while on commute. I think this iPod has gone through some rough times. I babied it a little bit, but most of its scratches come from the time I misplaced my case, and put it in my pocket with my wallet. But, hey, I'm not suing Apple for it.

On one of my pics, those darker areas are shadows from my rosebush, not stains or burns ;)

Attachments

• DSC02847.jpg
    DSC02847.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC02841.JPG
    DSC02841.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC02854.JPG
    DSC02854.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 132

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004
Bah, I cant believe these lawsuits. Someone on this board said it best - "Should I sue Chevy for the scratches on my car?" :rolleyes:

4G B/W 20GB that I've has since last Christmas. Gets lots of daily use while walking to and from class. No case on mine, just sits in my pocket (with my keys :eek: ). Yes, its scratched. No, I'm not going to sue Apple.

smalldsc007902bd.jpg

smalldsc007948tu.jpg

smalldsc007958qg.jpg

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
blaskillet4 said:
Mine: I got mine less than 2 weeks after its release, iPod 4G 40GB. I take it to school and listen to it while on commute. I think this iPod has gone through some rough times. I babied it a little bit, but most of its scratches come from the time I misplaced my case, and put it in my pocket with my wallet. But, hey, I'm not suing Apple for it.

On one of my pics, those darker areas are shadows from my rosebush, not stains or burns ;)

That iPod is most definetly NOT scratched... jeez, you REALLY babied that thing! If there were a scratchless iPod contest, you would probably win. I'd like to see some pictures of these "easily scratched" ipods though... Mine's en route, and I'll post if it does in fact scratch up easily.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Mine has a deep scratch in the play button (pocket with car keys :rolleyes:) and then a lot of scuffs on the plastic parts, with pretty much no scratching on the metal. If the nano scratches the same way mine did I don't think the lawsuit is at all justified...you have to really not care about it to have it get so damaged you can't read the screen.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Well mine nano scratches like crazy. The screen was scratched after 1 day. And that was just from the headphones rubbing against it in my pocket. I really don't mind if the back gets scratched up. I think the lawsuit is completely justified based on what I have seen with my nano. (I also have a 3G 20gb iPod and it is hardly scratched.

I will post pics if I can.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
skubish said:
Well mine nano scratches like crazy. The screen was scratched after 1 day. And that was just from the headphones rubbing against it in my pocket. I really don't mind if the back gets scratched up. I think the lawsuit is completely justified based on what I have seen with my nano. (I also have a 3G 20gb iPod and it is hardly scratched.

I will post pics if I can.

I'll trust your judgement (though I'd love to see pictures) and withhold my comments about finicky iPod owners for the moment...
:D

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
My 4G original 40GB iPod Photo has barely any scuffs on it. I use a skin and baby it.

It's my understanding that the new ones shouldn't even be touched. :rolleyes:

AliensAreFuzzy

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2004
Madison, WI
I don't have a camera at the moment, but I got my 30GB Photo 7 months ago, and it has virutally no scratches on it aside from a few minor ones when I had to send it in through Best Buy to be repaired and it was out of its sock.

I'll try to post pictures if I get a chance.

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
CubaTBird said:
the funny thing is the one's in the apple store don't look scratched at all.. hrm.. :rolleyes:
Well then no one goes to your Apple store because the iPods in the ATL stores are scratched like crazy. Like someone sat there and clawed at it for a few hours.

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
UMHurricanes34 said:
Well then no one goes to your Apple store because the iPods in the ATL stores are scratched like crazy. Like someone sat there and clawed at it for a few hours.
It's funny because that's exactly what happened to them!

This thread = ::tumbleweed::

Anyway, I must be off. I've got lots of companies to sue today. My camera doesn't work anymore because I used it in the rain, and holy crap my new Pumas are dirty and they shouldn't be because they were $85 shoes. They should know that shoes go on the ground and make dirt not stick to them! That couldn't possibly cost more than an extra dollar.

There won't be a decent corporation left standing by the time I'm done! But don't worry HMOs and sweatshops, I won't sue over poor health care or human rights violations. That would be a waste of my time.

cgratti

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
Central Pennsylvania, USA
If you use your iPod then expect scratches. if you dont want ANY scratches on it then just dont take it out of the box.

People are so sue happy today, it makes me wanna puke.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.