Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Apr 14, 2013, 09:08 AM   #1
kingalexthe1st
macrumors 6502

Anyone use Filterstorm Pro for photo editing?

Hey guys,

I just got my first DLSR and have been looking in to decent photo editing apps for the iPad. Filterstorm Pro looks like the front-runner at the moment so I was wondering if anyone around here has experience with it?

I'm looking to have an app that can handle RAW images, preferably with the ability to do curves. I want to steer away form using my MBA just because I'll be on the road when I do most of the image manipulation. Saying that, I already have Snapheal on the MBA which I'll probably crack out every now and again to remove any unwanted trees/rocks/children.

Thanks!
Alex
kingalexthe1st is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2013, 03:49 PM   #2
Warrenn
macrumors newbie

It's not one of the most user friendly photo editing iPad apps for sure. The only reason it's still on my iPad is some of its automations look great.
Warrenn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 07:17 AM   #3
kingalexthe1st
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrenn View Post
It's not one of the most user friendly photo editing iPad apps for sure. The only reason it's still on my iPad is some of its automations look great.
I read a few more reviews and they all the had same conclusion. Leaning more towards photogene now.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:16 AM   #4
TJ61
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrenn View Post
It's not one of the most user friendly photo editing iPad apps for sure.
Definitely agreed! And before I go further, I'm not using the "pro" version, but rather the universal version that I got before I had an iPad, but now use on my mini.

All I'll add is that after spending a little time with FS, I'm impressed with it's capability. In particular, being able to add filters by mask, and then being able to go back to as many as 5 masks and tweaking them separately before combining all effects.

Regards,
Tom
TJ61 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2013, 01:59 AM   #5
magic popo
macrumors newbie

I used Photo Eraser but it only remove parts from photo. It could not do more editing.
magic popo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps