Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 15, 2013, 09:32 PM   #1
MauerFan
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Thinking of jailbreaking my mini

I've never jailbroken anything before, but i'm thinking of jailbreaking my mini (currently on 6.1.2). What are the chances that it messes up my iPad though? If does, can I just restore it in iTunes, and not lose any of my info? ie apps.

Last edited by maflynn; Apr 16, 2013 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Moved to jailbreak forum
MauerFan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:39 PM   #2
rgarjr
macrumors 603
 
rgarjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: C a l i f o r n i a
Just do a backup on iTunes before. The latest JB is very easy to do. Have the mini and iPad 4 JB'ed.
rgarjr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2013, 03:05 AM   #3
Chocolatemilty
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauerFan View Post
I've never jailbroken anything before, but i'm thinking of jailbreaking my mini (currently on 6.1.2). What are the chances that it messes up my iPad though? If does, can I just restore it in iTunes, and not lose any of my info? ie apps.
I have my mini jailbroken and, frankly, there isn't a way I can turn back now. The added functionality certain tweaks give the device is wonderful. As long as you only install things you need that make the device the best for you, and you don't go about changing the filesystem via iFile and not knowing what you're doing (or installing incompatible tweaks), then you should be fine...
__________________
-Major K-
MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2011)/ iPod Classic 80GB Black/ iPhone 4S 16GB White/ iPad Mini Wifi 16GB White
Chocolatemilty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2013, 05:36 AM   #4
tmanto02
macrumors 6502a
 
tmanto02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatemilty View Post
I have my mini jailbroken and, frankly, there isn't a way I can turn back now. The added functionality certain tweaks give the device is wonderful. As long as you only install things you need that make the device the best for you, and you don't go about changing the filesystem via iFile and not knowing what you're doing (or installing incompatible tweaks), then you should be fine...
Jailbroke my iPhone a couple of years ago but not since iPhone 5. What other functionality can a jail broken IPAD offer?
__________________
iPhone 5 for on the go|iPad Air for on the couch|Mac mini for Plex Home Theatre
MacBook Pro w/ Retina display
for everything else
tmanto02 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2013, 07:03 AM   #5
Chocolatemilty
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Thinking of jailbreaking my mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanto02 View Post
Jailbroke my iPhone a couple of years ago but not since iPhone 5. What other functionality can a jail broken IPAD offer?
Some of my favorite tweaks are f. lux (cold, regular screen colors in the daytime, warmer colors at night, reduces eye strain); swipeselection (swipe on keyboard to move cursor); anyattach (to attach any file to an email); bitesms (or quick reply and quick compose of iMessage anywhere),; sbsettings or NCsettings (for quick toggles); and LockDown Pro (which allows you to enter a "guest mode" that requires a password for certain apps when activated, for when a child or guest uses your iPad). These are the few I can't live without now as they make navigation and productivity that much better.
__________________
-Major K-
MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2011)/ iPod Classic 80GB Black/ iPhone 4S 16GB White/ iPad Mini Wifi 16GB White
Chocolatemilty is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC