Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion

Old Dec 14, 2002, 10:00 PM   #1
starfleet4
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to starfleet4
networking mac's and pc's

i have a four pc network at home and much to the dismay of my family members i have made the switch to a mac[performa 6116cd]. i have a space in my dsl router for another unit, i would like to add the mac. i know i could set it up to connect to the internet but can it be networked with the microsoft home network protocols?
starfleet4 is offline   0
Old Dec 14, 2002, 10:19 PM   #2
Rower_CPU
Moderator emeritus

Provided the Performa has the required hardware (ethernet), and software (OS 9), you should be able to use DHCP or TCPIP to add it to the network, no problem.

Of course, I haven't had any personal experience on those systems (or anything pre-G3, for that matter) so you might want to take my advice with a grain of salt.
Old Dec 15, 2002, 07:55 PM   #3
starfleet4
macrumors newbie

Rower_CPU
thanks again rov. by the way, is that icon of yours a pic of kurt cobain? i really would like to know
starfleet4 is offline   0
Old Dec 15, 2002, 08:09 PM   #4
Rower_CPU
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by starfleet4
Rower_CPU
thanks again rov. by the way, is that icon of yours a pic of kurt cobain? i really would like to know
Actually, it's Owen Wilson in a scene from the movie Zoolander...but I can see the resemblance to Cobain...
Old Dec 15, 2002, 08:47 PM   #5
starfleet4
macrumors newbie

thanks. if it was i would have freaked. kurt cobains music changed it all for me and got me started on the guitar.peace

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion