Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulincanada

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2013
I am using 10.8.3 on a 2011 iMac.

I have subscribed to a VPN service (HideMyAss). It was working fine at one point. I screwed up my computer and had to reinstall Mountain Lion last year.

Since then I cannot get the VPN client for HMA to work. It starts up and cannot find any servers. I restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled and no luck. This is the error messages that come up

loadIpInfo. Retrying... Attempt 4 of 10...
loadConfigFile Could not connect to the server.

after the 10 attempts I get this message...

ScreenShot2013-04-20at85631PM_zpsb8803547.png

I then tried to set up PPTP natively within Mountain Lion Network settings...it all sets up fine but when I try to connect I get an error message immediately when I try to connect to the VPN

ScreenShot2013-04-20at90216PM_zps6a4acaff.png

Any ideas on what is going on? I get the feeling this is a OSX issue, not a HMA client issue... Is it possible to reinstall the network components of Mountain Lion?

Thanks

Paul

sjinsjca

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2008
Ideas:

o The server address should be entered in the Network Preferences for the VPN entry without the http://

o In the Advanced pane of the Network Preferences, select the TCP/IP tab, try checking the Configure ipv4 to Using PPP and Configure ipv6 to Automatically.

o In the Proxies tab, uncheck all the protocol tick-boxes

Hope one of these might help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.