Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Oct 26, 2005, 03:45 PM   #1
seabass069
macrumors regular

Karaoke Software for Mac?

Do you guys know of any really good Karaoke software that works with mac?
seabass069 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 02:16 AM   #2
shamino
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass069
I know of two programs that can rip/play CD+G discs. Can't say how good either might be.
  • kTunes. A work in progress, but the feature list looks promising. Not free, but pretty inexpensive. If it works as advertised, it should be a great program. You can download a restricted trial version for evaluation.
  • iStar. Don't know anything about this one other than the fact that the kTunes web site has a chart comparing the two programs
Note that you will need a CD-ROM drive that can read the graphical subcodes from a CD+G disc. Most of Apple's drives will not. Plextor drives usually will. If your drive can't read the subcodes, you won't get any graphics off of a CD+G disc.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 02:14 PM   #3
adt499
macrumors newbie

Gong List Creator

I am just looking to create KJ song lists is there software for that?

QUOTE=shamino;2079856]I know of two programs that can rip/play CD+G discs. Can't say how good either might be.
  • kTunes. A work in progress, but the feature list looks promising. Not free, but pretty inexpensive. If it works as advertised, it should be a great program. You can download a restricted trial version for evaluation.
  • iStar. Don't know anything about this one other than the fact that the kTunes web site has a chart comparing the two programs
Note that you will need a CD-ROM drive that can read the graphical subcodes from a CD+G disc. Most of Apple's drives will not. Plextor drives usually will. If your drive can't read the subcodes, you won't get any graphics off of a CD+G disc.[/QUOTE]
adt499 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2008, 02:20 PM   #4
adt499
macrumors newbie

Kjams

There is also a programs called KJAMS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamino View Post
I know of two programs that can rip/play CD+Gdiscs. Can't say how good either might be.
Note that you will need a CD-ROM drive that can read the graphical subcodes from a CD+G disc. Most of Apple's drives will not. Plextor drives usually will. If your drive can't read the subcodes, you won't get any graphics off of a CD+G disc.
adt499 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2009, 02:41 PM   #5
davecotter
macrumors newbie

yes, kTunes is the former name of kJams. I'm pretty sure you want kJams.
davecotter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2011, 01:54 AM   #6
Act2action
macrumors newbie

re: free Karaoke Software for Mac

After a very long time of searching I found a great karaoke creation program for Mac (and its FREE).

Click Here:http://www.griffintechnology.com/support/ikaraoke

It allows you to copy and paste song lyrics and attach it to your favorite songs, then easily sync up the lyrics with the song. (Push sync lyrics and use spacebar to tell it when the word is spoken). It then puts out a Iphone/Ipod file that is readable in itunes. You can also use this together with kjams for added effects.

Best to you!
Act2action is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 01:09 PM   #7
skdemon
macrumors newbie

KaraokeTube - Karaoke app for mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass069 View Post
Hi seabass069, try KaraokeTube (you can find on Mac App Store) or look on
http://karaoketubeapp.com
skdemon is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store