Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old Apr 30, 2013, 03:12 PM   #1
roadbloc
macrumors 604

BlackBerry Q10 selling at rate of “thousands per hour”

Quote:
Selfridges said in a statement that the Q10 is its "fastest-selling consumer electronics product ever," and that it sold its entire stock in two hours. BlackBerry itself is mum on the exact number of phones that have been moved, but The Guardian quotes several sources as saying that the Q10's launch is wildly successful; one Selfridges manager saying that the launch was "leagues beyond" any previous product launch, including BlackBerry's more conventional keyboardless Z10.
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/...er-hour-in-uk/

Looks like there are still people who like a physical keyboard on their phone. I'm quite surprised at this to be honest, I expected the Z10 to be the best seller out of the two. The future may be looking good for RIM/BlackBerry/whatever they call themselves.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:43 PM   #2
gkarris
macrumors 604

Quote:
Selfridges said in a statement that the Q10 is its "fastest-selling consumer electronics product ever," and that it sold its entire stock in two hours.
Yes, Mr. Selfridge!

Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:52 PM   #3
simsaladimbamba
macrumors Core

Apple sells almost 17,045 iPhones per hour, if one uses the last quarterly results and 91.5 days as time span.

(37,430 x 1,000) / (91.5 x 24)
Old May 1, 2013, 01:01 AM   #4
joemod
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
Apple sells almost 17,045 iPhones per hour, if one uses the last quarterly results and 91.5 days as time span.

I don't think that the original poster posted the news in the context "Omg! Apple is going down". I think that he posted it in the context "It's good to have alternatives and competition".
joemod is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 05:24 AM   #5
boss.king
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadbloc View Post
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/...er-hour-in-uk/

Looks like there are still people who like a physical keyboard on their phone. I'm quite surprised at this to be honest, I expected the Z10 to be the best seller out of the two. The future may be looking good for RIM/BlackBerry/whatever they call themselves.
That's impressive for a company that much of the tech world deemed to be on it's way out. As for the physical keyboard, I tried one again the other day while waiting for someone at a phone shop, it's surprising how easy it is to get back into it after almost 5 years on touchscreen devices. I was typing away whole messages without looking and never making a mistake in seconds, on a phone I'd never used before.
Old May 1, 2013, 05:28 AM   #6
maflynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post

True, but Apple isn't on the verge of going out of business and by most opinions (including mine) that it was too little too late for BlackBerry. While its too early to say they've turned things around, their newest phones are being very well received and people are snatching them up at a high rate.

This is better then the win8 phones I believe that are not selling as well.
Old May 1, 2013, 05:42 AM   #7
justperry
macrumors 603

Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maflynn View Post
True, but Apple isn't on the verge of going out of business and by most opinions (including mine) that it was too little too late for BlackBerry. While its too early to say they've turned things around, their newest phones are being very well received and people are snatching them up at a high rate.

This is better then the win8 phones I believe that are not selling as well.
Here in Asia/Indonesia it is still the brand to have, iPhones are just way to expensive for most, except the 3GS which is still available here for about $300
justperry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 05:46 AM   #8
maflynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by justperry View Post
Here in Asia/Indonesia it is still the brand to have, iPhones are just way to expensive for most, except the 3GS which is still available here for about $300
I believe they're popular in South America as well, though the point is that in market share, they've taken a beating with Apple and android devices. People have long written them off but I think their new OS and phone designs are top notch.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion