Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Apr 30, 2013, 04:45 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Tim Cook to Headline D11: All Things Digital Conference Next Month

Apple CEO Tim Cook will be the opening night speaker at the 11th D: All Things Digital conference next month. Last year, Cook joined hosts Kara Swisher and Walt Mossberg for a 100-minute session that covered a wide variety of topics.

Quote:
There's lots to talk about, from the explosive growth of the mobile market to intense competition from a range of rivals, most especially Google's Android, as well as innovative offerings from Korea's Samsung. It will also be interesting to talk about the changes at Apple under Cook's leadership, who took over from the late co-founder and industry legend Steve Jobs, as well inquiring about what new products are in the pipeline and how the company is faring in an increasingly high-pressure market.
Tim Cook makes very few public appearances, but appears to be making the D Conference his preferred interview spot much like his predecessor Steve Jobs did. Jobs appeared on the D stage six times in nine years.

D11 will take place from May 28-30, 2013 at the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, California.

Article Link: Tim Cook to Headline D11: All Things Digital Conference Next Month
MacRumors is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 04:49 PM   #2
komodrone
Banned

He's going to TRIPLE down on security this time.
komodrone is offline   38 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 04:50 PM   #3
pancakedrawer
macrumors regular

Hopefully we'll get some hints as to what will be unveiled at WWDC. I can't wait that long!
pancakedrawer is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 04:50 PM   #4
bacaramac
macrumors 65816

Not sure why, but it's been quiet from Apple's corner recently so I'm getting anxious for some product releases. Unfortunately this won't be the forum for it. Hope we get some good insight on technology though.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 04:50 PM   #5
theheadguy
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to theheadguy
The anticipation that preceded the Apple CEO opening an event like this just isn't there anymore. Now, it's like 'eh'.

There is a part of me that would equally like to hear what Samsung has to say about the future. Of course, they're vilified on this forum but it's my thought nonetheless.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 04:51 PM   #6
pancakedrawer
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodrone View Post
In all seriousness we haven't seen many leaks so far. Many of the hints seem to be coming from Cook himself although only in terms of timeframes, not features.
pancakedrawer is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 04:58 PM   #7
GQB
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheadguy View Post
The anticipation that preceded the Apple CEO opening an event like this just isn't there anymore. Now, it's like 'eh'.

There is a part of me that would equally like to hear what Samsung has to say about the future. Of course, they're vilified on this forum but it's my thought nonetheless.
You're ****** kidding us, right?
Name anything Samsung has done that has ever been more than a modified 'me too'.
What Macintosh, iPod, iPhone or iPad have they every come up with?

Well, I guess you have a point with their brilliant roll-out presentations like Radio City of the Bollywood fiasco this week.
GQB is offline   27 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 04:59 PM   #8
4TheLoveOfTech
Banned

We Have Great Things in The Pipeline

He'll answer No questions with any substance and continue to say "We Have Great Things in The Pipeline.

It will be nothing more than a rehash of the earnings call.
4TheLoveOfTech is offline   19 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:00 PM   #9
iAmUndefined
macrumors member

Tim

I hope he talks like a real person this time and not just Apple's CEO.
iAmUndefined is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:02 PM   #10
AppleScruff1
macrumors 604

That should be as exciting as watching paint dry.
AppleScruff1 is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:02 PM   #11
TheRainKing
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TheLoveOfTech View Post
He'll answer No questions with any substance and continue to say "We Have Great Things in The Pipeline.

It will be nothing more than a rehash of the earnings call.
This.

Tim Cook never has anything interesting to say.
TheRainKing is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:02 PM   #12
HangmanSwingset
macrumors regular

Scumbag Tim Cook not making Safari snappier or whatever it is that makes Apple 'doomed'.

...Am I trolling Apple forums right?
HangmanSwingset is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:07 PM   #13
Porco
macrumors 68000

A fraction of a second later, Tim produced apparently magical sparks of electricity between his hands, powered by the new Apple iWatch hidden up his sleeve.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:10 PM   #14
elppa
macrumors 68040

Quote:
as well as innovative offerings from Korea's Samsung
Mmm… innovative might not be the first adjective that would spring to mind.
elppa is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:10 PM   #15
gwelmarten
macrumors 6502

Seeing this

Does anybody know if it is possible to get tickets for events at D: All things digital, both the Tim Cook interview and other interviews? How does one do this?
gwelmarten is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:11 PM   #16
mrxak
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheadguy View Post

"The future will be what our competitors come up with."
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:12 PM   #17
zachlegomaniac
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post
A fraction of a second later, Tim produced apparently magical sparks of electricity between his hands, powered by the new Apple iWatch hidden up his sleeve.
That would make him look eerily like Emperor Palpatine in this photo.
zachlegomaniac is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:14 PM   #18
dazed
macrumors 6502a

As with all these events, many words will be spoken but not much information given.
dazed is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:15 PM   #19
mrxak
macrumors 65816

I actually have a request. Last year MacRumors had a guy there who asked a fairly self-serving question about what Tim Cook thought about sites like MacRumors. If MacRumors has somebody there again, could you please ask a question some of us care about, like if Apple is actually going to give their computing line (specifically the Mac Pro) the emphasis it deserves? Without content-creation, content-consumption devices like the iPhone, iPad, iPod, and iWatch won't have anything to entertain people with. Does Apple actually realize that laptops and iMacs don't cut it?
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:17 PM   #20
Peace
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxak View Post
I actually have a request. Last year MacRumors had a guy there who asked a fairly self-serving question about what Tim Cook thought about sites like MacRumors. If MacRumors has somebody there again, could you please ask a question some of us care about, like if Apple is actually going to give their computing line (specifically the Mac Pro) the emphasis it deserves? Without content-creation, content-consumption devices like the iPhone, iPad, iPod, and iWatch won't have anything to entertain people with. Does Apple actually realize that laptops and iMacs don't cut it?
The answer to that would be " We have some exciting things in our pipeline for the pro user". And that would be it.
Peace is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:23 PM   #21
OtherJesus
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodrone View Post
He's done well. Leaks have been next to nothing. I'm really looking forward to his interview this year. It's going to be a great insight into the future.
OtherJesus is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:25 PM   #22
Rogifan
macrumors G3

I wish Tim would let someone else from Apple attend. He's just not interesting to listen to. I know when Steve was alive he was THE face of Apple but Tim isn't Steve and he doesn't need to be.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:28 PM   #23
keysofanxiety
macrumors 65816

Location: In a house that defies physics by being colder than absolute zero.
Quote:
Unfortunately TC would probably reply with his usual rhetoric (see other people's posts for examples of these)
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:30 PM   #24
alent1234
macrumors 603

Quote:
You only need a Mac for the final part of developing an app. Everything else like unity and adobe apps run on any platform
alent1234 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:31 PM   #25
Frisco
macrumors 68020

I can't wait to hear from a logistics guy.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion