Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MusicEnthusiast

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Los Angeles
Hey all.

All I am looking for is an app that can record audio (ie - a tune from the piano that I record from the iPad) that can loop. Would like it to be free... I did a quick search and found a lot of apps that cost because they have way more features that I need. Thanks!

chickenwingfly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
Well I'd recommend you grab something like Garageband and not to be a cheap stake :D
I use a lot of music production apps, but none of them, that I recall, is free.
I found this, but it's old and outdated, maybe it will work for your purposes, maybe it won't.

I just throw out Garageband since it's pretty cheap (5 bucks) and it has several instruments you can play with, apart from the "DAW" view where you can mix it all.

MusicEnthusiast

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Los Angeles
Well I'd recommend you grab something like Garageband and not to be a cheap stake :D
I use a lot of music production apps, but none of them, that I recall, is free.
I found this, but it's old and outdated, maybe it will work for your purposes, maybe it won't.

I just throw out Garageband since it's pretty cheap (5 bucks) and it has several instruments you can play with, apart from the "DAW" view where you can mix it all.

Haha, well... I took the plunge. Just bought Garage Band. I figured that I can mess around with the other cool settings. Can't wait to try it tonight!!! :)

chickenwingfly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
Glad you did!!! :D
You're gonna enjoy it. Seriously, for the price (a couple coffee cups, a magazine, etc), it's one of the best apps in the AppStore no doubt.

You might wanna get something like a cool synth to expand the sounds, and Audiobus as well, to bridge sound between apps (Garageband just recently gained Audiobus support, so that's a plus).

Anyway, enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.