Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old May 7, 2013, 10:08 AM   #1
Apple-King
macrumors newbie

Apple TV 2 jailbreak

Guys, I'm new to this apple world and I just bought a iphone 5 and. MacBook Pro retina and a Apple TV 2. Now my question is, what's the story with jailbreaking the Apple TV 2? I'm sorry if its been asked before but as I said, I'm new. Can someone guide me in info about how it all works and what do you download first... What is xbmc? Is there anything else that you need to download? Sorry about the questions guys, just trying to shed some light. Thanks so much guys.
Apple-King is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 03:28 PM   #2
AlabamaSlammer
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple-King View Post
Guys, I'm new to this apple world and I just bought a iphone 5 and. MacBook Pro retina and a Apple TV 2. Now my question is, what's the story with jailbreaking the Apple TV 2? I'm sorry if its been asked before but as I said, I'm new. Can someone guide me in info about how it all works and what do you download first... What is xbmc? Is there anything else that you need to download? Sorry about the questions guys, just trying to shed some light. Thanks so much guys.
Go to this link to begin the jailbreak process for your Atv2.. REMEMBER THE JAILBREAK IS A TETHERED JAILBREAK if your apple tv 2 is running 5.2.1
http://support.firecore.com/entries/...101-Seas0nPass

This is called Nito Installer. Makes the install for xbmc and its popular add-ons very easy...
http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/08/...e-tv-2-on-mac/
AlabamaSlammer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 09:01 PM   #3
Apple-King
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaSlammer View Post
Go to this link to begin the jailbreak process for your Atv2.. REMEMBER THE JAILBREAK IS A TETHERED JAILBREAK if your apple tv 2 is running 5.2.1
http://support.firecore.com/entries/...101-Seas0nPass

This is called Nito Installer. Makes the install for xbmc and its popular add-ons very easy...
http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/08/...e-tv-2-on-mac/
Hey mate, Thanks so much for your help. So whats the first link and the second link do? I mean do i install both or just one? Also i read on here that people are watching 600+ channels... How do you get them all?
Apple-King is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2013, 11:34 AM   #4
AlabamaSlammer
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple-King View Post
Hey mate, Thanks so much for your help. So whats the first link and the second link do? I mean do i install both or just one? Also i read on here that people are watching 600+ channels... How do you get them all?
Install both. The first link is the actual jailbreak. Just follow the instructions on the web site.

The second link is to install XBMC and its popular add-ons. The add-ons is where you will be able to get different channels to watch.
AlabamaSlammer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:23 PM   #5
SaggyBagz
macrumors newbie

Hello - I am trying the ATV2 JailBreak, and as I open SeasOnPass, it's asking me "SeaSonPass wants to make changes. Type your password to allow this." What is SeasOnPass trying to change on my Mac? I'm feeling a little hesitant right now for fear it will install something malicious.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater