Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2003
England
Recently on some of the Guides i've been working on i've noticed that the 'Edit' link for each category within the page sometimes appears at random places. Is it something i'm doing wrong or could it be a bug? See attachments for examples.

Attachments

• editbug1.jpg
    editbug1.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 141
  • editbug2.jpg
    editbug2.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 127

kalisphoenix

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
I've seen that too -- I think it is a bug -- gets screwed up whenever its placement conflicts with a picture's division.

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2003
England
Yes I thought it could be linked to that. I wonder if there is a better way to include images? I am putting the image tags right at the start of the document and letting it decide how to place them as it seems to do a good job. I might try putting one image tag for each category and see if that makes a difference.

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2003
England
Rejigging the images by spacing out the tags does work, but now the images don't look as smart or as orderly. :(

kalisphoenix

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
If you type __NOEDITSECTION__, those links will be removed. Makes it more difficult to revise a section, of course, so it's only a temporary solution...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.