Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29, 2013, 11:09 AM   #1
barkins
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Encino, CA
Send a message via AIM to barkins
iCloud photos not showing up on icloud.com...

I'm a little late to the game with iCloud, but I have recently set it up on my iPhone and I believe it's successfully syncing as I have photos under "Photo Stream" in the Photos App.

However, when I log into iCloud, I don't see a Photo icon. Is this normal?

I have "My Photo Stream" turned on as well as "Shared Photo Stream."

Thank you in advance.
__________________
butr.net
barkins is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2013, 11:57 AM   #2
madsci954
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ohio
You can't access photos from icloud.com. You need either iPhoto or Aperture for Mac to access them. I don't know how to access them on a Windows machine though.
madsci954 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2013, 12:33 PM   #3
barkins
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Encino, CA
Send a message via AIM to barkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci954 View Post
You can't access photos from icloud.com. You need either iPhoto or Aperture for Mac to access them. I don't know how to access them on a Windows machine though.
Good to know. Thanks
__________________
butr.net
barkins is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2013, 01:08 PM   #4
Bear
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Sol III - Terra
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci954 View Post
You can't access photos from icloud.com. You need either iPhoto or Aperture for Mac to access them. I don't know how to access them on a Windows machine though.
iCloud Setup for Windows indicates that you use the iCloud control panel and I'm sure the options for Photo Stream will tell you where to look for the photos and such.
__________________
-----Bear
Bear is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2013, 09:32 PM   #5
barkins
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Encino, CA
Send a message via AIM to barkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
iCloud Setup for Windows indicates that you use the iCloud control panel and I'm sure the options for Photo Stream will tell you where to look for the photos and such.
I'm a Mac so no worries there.

I just assumed iClould.com has access to my photos, given that it's the cloud. But this way I'll need to have it running on an App such as iPhoto or on an iDevice.

Just a bit of a set back if I'm using someone else's computer without iPhoto set up.
__________________
butr.net
barkins is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2013, 04:56 PM   #6
aiom
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkins View Post
I'm a Mac so no worries there.

I just assumed iClould.com has access to my photos, given that it's the cloud. But this way I'll need to have it running on an App such as iPhoto or on an iDevice.

Just a bit of a set back if I'm using someone else's computer without iPhoto set up.
Yeah, I'm a new 5s user, definitely miss this about Android. Praise Google+/Flickr/Dropbox auto upload since Apple can't do this though.
aiom is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC