Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old May 29, 2013, 11:09 AM   #1
barkins
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to barkins
iCloud photos not showing up on icloud.com...

I'm a little late to the game with iCloud, but I have recently set it up on my iPhone and I believe it's successfully syncing as I have photos under "Photo Stream" in the Photos App.

However, when I log into iCloud, I don't see a Photo icon. Is this normal?

I have "My Photo Stream" turned on as well as "Shared Photo Stream."

Thank you in advance.
Old May 29, 2013, 11:57 AM   #2
madsci954
macrumors 68000

You can't access photos from icloud.com. You need either iPhoto or Aperture for Mac to access them. I don't know how to access them on a Windows machine though.
madsci954 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2013, 12:33 PM   #3
barkins
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci954 View Post
You can't access photos from icloud.com. You need either iPhoto or Aperture for Mac to access them. I don't know how to access them on a Windows machine though.
Good to know. Thanks
Old May 29, 2013, 01:08 PM   #4
Bear
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci954 View Post
iCloud Setup for Windows indicates that you use the iCloud control panel and I'm sure the options for Photo Stream will tell you where to look for the photos and such.
Old May 29, 2013, 09:32 PM   #5
barkins
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
iCloud Setup for Windows indicates that you use the iCloud control panel and I'm sure the options for Photo Stream will tell you where to look for the photos and such.
I'm a Mac so no worries there.

I just assumed iClould.com has access to my photos, given that it's the cloud. But this way I'll need to have it running on an App such as iPhoto or on an iDevice.

Just a bit of a set back if I'm using someone else's computer without iPhoto set up.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 04:56 PM   #6
aiom
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkins View Post
I'm a Mac so no worries there.

I just assumed iClould.com has access to my photos, given that it's the cloud. But this way I'll need to have it running on an App such as iPhoto or on an iDevice.

Just a bit of a set back if I'm using someone else's computer without iPhoto set up.
Yeah, I'm a new 5s user, definitely miss this about Android. Praise Google+/Flickr/Dropbox auto upload since Apple can't do this though.
aiom is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services