Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old Jun 5, 2013, 05:16 PM   #1
iPoopeh
macrumors regular

Back to School Promo?

I apologize ahead of time if this doesn't belong on this sub-forum!

Now I know that students can always use their education discount when it comes to purchasing a MBP or iMac, etc. But I was curious as to when we shall see the Back to School Promotion for 2013? I know for the past couple of years it's been a $100 iTunes gift card. =/ But would it be worth waiting for the promotion or no? [Not that I need another iPod, but it could be something to sell for some extra cash.]
Old Jun 5, 2013, 06:57 PM   #2
Boozie
macrumors newbie

I'm waiting myself. I think the promo started in January for Australia and was only the $100 gift card. Since I'm about to purchase my first Mac, $100 in apps would be a good start. I read a couple rumors about them giving an iPad mini, but I seriously doubt that will happen. I think in the past couple years, they started the promo the day of or day after WWDC, but I could be wrong.
Boozie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2013, 09:46 PM   #3
iPoopeh
macrumors regular

If that rumor is true [the free iPad Mini's] then that would be rather nice... And definitely worth the wait. I could give it to my mom until I buy her the new iPad 5. > >' But it is just a rumor, so not really expecting them to give us a free iPad mini.
I've also seen that it started on/after WWDC. Maybe this year shall be the same!
Old Jun 6, 2013, 07:24 AM   #4
maflynn

Really? You're asking this now when school for many people has not ended.

Wait a bit and you'll see if Apple does anything. Even the stores haven't started their back to school promotions and they seem to be pushing that calendar back more and more each year. I still have two kids in school, and starting the new school year is the furthest thing from many parents (and student's) minds
Old Jun 6, 2013, 11:30 AM   #5
iPoopeh
macrumors regular

Well as someone starting their first year of college, yes. I graduated High school last year, so I don't know when children come out of school anymore. Nor do I care.

The only reason why I want to know is because my birthday is in two weeks, and I wanted to purchase a rMBP but also see if the Back to School Promo had anything else to offer besides the $100 itunes card.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion