Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
ok, so all the pictures taken with my camera are looking extremely grainy and off colour, all the pixels seem to be a different colour.....can anyone tell me whats going on, heres an example pic i tyook of my iMac...i don't know if my problem will show up because i'll have to scale down the photo to post..........

Attachments

• imac ****ed up Camera.jpg
    imac ****ed up Camera.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 198

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
It seems to be taking photos sideways, too.

Did you accidentally choose a lower quality and/or resolution setting? It would seem that the photo was either taken in low light without a flash, if it's not a low quality/low resolution problem.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
is it by chance a small point and shoot? that's noise from the combination of low light/high iso/small sensor/other things. it's fairly normal.
try setting your iso value to the lowest and/or using a flash.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
homerjward said:
is it by chance a small point and shoot? that's noise from the combination of low light/high iso/small sensor/other things. it's fairly normal.
try setting your iso value to the lowest and/or using a flash.
This is what i was going to guess. If you have any way of manually adjusting ISO levels, the lower the number (i.e. 200 or 400), the lower the noise.

Another possibility is damage to the CCD that can occur with extreme exposure to light. This is unlikely in a point and shoot with an affixed lens.

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
thanks a lot, none of it really helped though, i think the cam's just dying anyways, its gotta be closing on 4-5 years old...i'm probably getttin ga new one for christmas neways...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.