Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bertishere

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
iOS 7 is beautiful and well done. i agree there are a few icons that could have been done better, but the overall UI is definitely more modern and a nice refresh to what it once was.

imagine how boring iOS would be if Ive didn't take over.

that is all.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
I find the new icons to be much better than the old ones. Just not the biggest fan of the music one is all, I don't like the bloody orange shade.

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2011
iOS 7 is beautiful and well done. i agree there are a few icons that could have been done better, but the overall UI is definitely more modern and a nice refresh to what it once was.

that is all.

I work in design. iOS 7 makes some good steps forward, but makes a few huge missteps. For example the game center app and photo icon, as well as the navigation for safari and safari icon. All of these look terrible and are plain poor design. The Safari Icon looks like it was made by a child in MS Paint.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
I have a degree in commercial arts and I don't like iOS 7. I do think Ive is a genius industrial designer. His reputation probably made him feel bulletproof.

I'm a fanatic of modern, minimalistic design.

iOS does have a few neat things, though.

I work in design. iOS 7 makes some good steps forward, but makes a few huge missteps. For example the game center app and photo icon, as well as the navigation for safari and safari icon. All of these look terrible and are plain poor design. The Safari Icon looks like it was made by a child in MS Paint.

Exactly. Gradients are so freshman level designer. Balloons? Oldschool camera? Telephone? All those outdated and strange visuals. Even the styles aren't consistent.

R4z3r

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
NJ

I have a graphic design and a communications degree and constantly work with our marketing department. I don't consider this "good". I think it has a lot of beautiful pieces, but as a whole—or package—it is a huge let down and is not as consistent as they sold.

Also, your title leaves a lot to be desired and is extremely insulting. You can have your opinion, but don't insult every designer for not agreeing with you.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
I have no artistic degree in anything and I love it all.

Thankfully Apple caters to people like me and not you.

fmalloy

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
So I guess only UI/UX designers know what is intuitive, beautiful, and well-done, and the rest of us are clueless idiots. ;)

I guess we should all sit up and listen and agree when cutting-edge modern, elegant designers tell us what is "beautiful".

Man, if that's the case the Fisher-Price designers should take over iPhone design, and the LeapPad designers should now be iPad designers!:p

bertishere

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013

hey i agree with some icons, but i'm talking about the overall UI, NOT just the icons.

messages, calendar, notes, mail, etc. the actual apps look great.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
I have no artistic degree in anything and I love it all.

Thankfully Apple caters to people like me and not you.

So I guess only UI/UX designers know what is intuitive, beautiful, and well-done, and the rest of us are clueless idiots. ;)

I guess we should all sit up and listen and agree when cutting-edge modern, elegant designers tell us what is "beautiful".

Man, if that's the case the Fisher-Price designers should take over iPhone design, and the LeapPad designers should now be iPad designers!:p

You unwashed plebeians. Just kidding. Let's not be anti-intellectual and look down at professionals. Or else you'd have iPhones that look as crappy as Android.

bertishere

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
I have a graphic design and a communications degree and constantly work with our marketing department. I don't consider this "good". I think it has a lot of beautiful pieces, but as a whole—or package—it is a huge let down and is not as consistent as they sold.

Also, your title leaves a lot to be desired and is extremely insulting. You can have your opinion, but don't insult every designer for not agreeing with you.

no reason to be mad.. i'm saying it how it is.

the same people who don't like this UI, are the ones who want horrible iPhone themes and graffiti font.

or want apple to stick to the boring old, stale iOS since 2007.

bertishere

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
So did you hate IOS6?

i did. i got bored after ios5. i really wanted a redesign last year.

i was ready to jump to android (imo it looks better than ios 1-6), but i decided to hold off until this event.

one thing i wish we would get is a dark UI.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
i did. i got bored after ios5. i really wanted a redesign last year.

i was ready to jump to android (imo it looks better than ios 1-6), but i decided to hold off until this event.

one thing i wish we would get is a dark UI.

But that's why people switched to Android for choice.

Android now has a better colour scheme.

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2008
Not a big fan of the UI changing based on the wallpaper. It's just so inconsistent and unreadable sometimes. Although iOS 6 is less fancy it is much more usable. Hopefully Apple will make some changes to fix this before release.

bertishere

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
I welcome most changes, but the phone dialer and the new messages app is atrocious imo. Windows Phone much

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
Not a big fan of the UI changing based on the wallpaper. It's just so inconsistent and unreadable sometimes.
I haven't been able to play with it, but I'd hope it would work something along the lines of iTunes Album view, where when you open an album to see the tracks, text color and background are dependent upon the color of the album cover.

vladi

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
I would say something but I am afraid that I will have my friend designers at Apple in trouble.

Let's just say this: black and white line art on too transparent frost... yeah right..they told him its a no no

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.