Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:50 PM   #1
b00st4ddicted
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Random Wifi Drops

Dear All,

I just got the 2013 13" MBA base model yesterday. Everything is working out well except for random wifi signal drops. I have been doing some researching on google and it turns out I am not the only one that has this problem. I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing this and if so what did you do to fix it. Thanks in advance.
b00st4ddicted is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:08 AM   #2
Astrofox
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by b00st4ddicted View Post
Dear All,

I just got the 2013 13" MBA base model yesterday. Everything is working out well except for random wifi signal drops. I have been doing some researching on google and it turns out I am not the only one that has this problem. I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing this and if so what did you do to fix it. Thanks in advance.
I've been experiencing drops when my 2011 MBA goes to sleep lately. I thought it was my router, but it might be the last update causing it because it has never happened before.
Astrofox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:26 AM   #3
b00st4ddicted
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrofox View Post
I've been experiencing drops when my 2011 MBA goes to sleep lately. I thought it was my router, but it might be the last update causing it because it has never happened before.
mine just drops randomly while browsing the internet.
b00st4ddicted is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 01:08 AM   #4
etcher
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
A lot of people are complaining about wifi problems here too: https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Anyone else having problems with their wifi?
etcher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 06:29 AM   #5
RightMACatU
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: 192.168.1.1
I think that Apple might have copied bluetooth technology from the Samsung Galaxy S4
RightMACatU is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:40 AM   #6
hmp
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I was experiencing the same problem on my 2013 MBA 11". The connection would drop when I would go to a particular coffee shop, but not at home or other places.

Surprisingly, making a change in Keychain Acesss, as suggested by this link, has fixed the problem:
http://www.tuaw.com/2008/02/25/poten...ireless-issue/

I launched Keychain Access, searched for the SSID of the network I was having issues with, went to Access Control and changed the setting to "Allow all applications to access the item".

Worked for me and the connection hasn't dropped since.
hmp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:13 PM   #7
b00st4ddicted
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmp View Post
I was experiencing the same problem on my 2013 MBA 11". The connection would drop when I would go to a particular coffee shop, but not at home or other places.

Surprisingly, making a change in Keychain Acesss, as suggested by this link, has fixed the problem:
http://www.tuaw.com/2008/02/25/poten...ireless-issue/

I launched Keychain Access, searched for the SSID of the network I was having issues with, went to Access Control and changed the setting to "Allow all applications to access the item".

Worked for me and the connection hasn't dropped since.
thank you so much for the link. I will definitely give that a test. I honestly don't care for anywhere else because I am home most of the time hahaha...
b00st4ddicted is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:50 PM   #8
mj1108
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Got mine on Monday. No wifi problems so far.
mj1108 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 02:28 PM   #9
techn0lady
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj1108 View Post
Got mine on Monday. No wifi problems so far.
Same here.
techn0lady is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 07:26 PM   #10
zedtech78
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
I had intermittent wifi "stalls" the first couple days but everything seems to be normal now. I say stall because wifi was still connected, just wasn't responding.

Mine's a 13" Ultimate Edition FWIW.
zedtech78 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 07:33 PM   #11
lshirase
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj1108 View Post
Got mine on Monday. No wifi problems so far.
yup.
lshirase is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wifi drops out every now and then - Mavericks Ripcrod MacBook Pro 3 Mar 10, 2014 01:53 PM
Wifi drops every few min, beyond frustrated alana22 OS X Mavericks (10.9) 3 Oct 26, 2013 08:14 PM
iPhone 5 drops wifi when locked. penajmz iPhone 22 Mar 27, 2013 01:52 AM
Wifi connection drops Paito iPhone 0 Mar 14, 2013 04:42 PM
iPhone: Wifi connection drops? NovemberWhiskey Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 0 Feb 11, 2013 10:08 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC