Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 24, 2013, 04:07 PM   #1
rofni
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
iPhone 5 - iOS 7 beta 2 - Stuck on loading screen

Hi,

I've just updated my iPhone 5 to the latest iOS7 beta2.
First i tried to use OTA, everything downloaded and installed, but after login it got stuck for maybe 30 min on the loading screen ( apple logo with progress bar).
So i tried to hard reset, but no luck ...

I've tried to do a clean install, everything worked, then i tried to restore my iTunes iOS 7 beta 1 backup, got tesame problem, stuck on loading

Then i tried to do a clean install and restore a backup from iCloud, and guess what ? stuck on loading screen...

I really need my backup (for google authenticator etc ..)

Does anyone has any workarounds ?

Thank you
rofni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 04:09 PM   #2
nellyplatinum
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
was your udid registered?
nellyplatinum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 04:11 PM   #3
rofni
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Yes, i have a developer account + my udid is registered.
rofni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 04:13 PM   #4
nellyplatinum
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
i would help but as per forum rules we cant,just go to the developers site and ask for help there developer.apple.com
nellyplatinum is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 05:53 PM   #5
stevenamani
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Angry Same Issue Here

I have had nothing but problems installing these betas unlike previous years. Now trying a clean restore to see how that works out
stevenamani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 06:01 PM   #6
LuisGordon
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Thumbs up solution

I had the same problem.

Connect iPhone to yout Mac/PC > hold ON/OFF and HOME button - both on the same time - till picture shows you connect iPhone to iTunes > restore > done
LuisGordon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 06:09 PM   #7
stevenamani
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Unhappy That works until

Thanks. That works until I try to restore my iOS 6 backup to it then its back to the stuck frozen Apple logo. The thought of setting it up as a new iPhone drains my mojo
stevenamani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 06:12 PM   #8
snakesayan
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chicago
damn it! Im stuck on the apple logo too! WTF!
snakesayan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 06:19 PM   #9
stevenamani
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Find my iPhone the Culprit???

The problem might be having Find My iPhone enabled in the previous backup. If anyone has time to:
- downgrade to iOS 6
- turn off Find My iPhone
- back up to iTunes
- update to beta 2

Otherwise I will give this a shot tomorrow
stevenamani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 06:23 PM   #10
thegrants82
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Huntsville
Quote:
Originally Posted by rofni View Post
Yes, i have a developer account + my udid is registered.
Then why Aren't you asking these questions in the developers forum where you would get answers right away.
thegrants82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 09:01 PM   #11
stevenamani
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Solution

I managed to find a way around this but its long winded
- downgrade to iOS 6
- update to iOS 7 beta 1
- update to iOS 7 beta 2
stevenamani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 09:17 PM   #12
nooaah
macrumors 65816
 
nooaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Mine just crapped out. Restored as a new phone. Not happy at all about it, but thems the breaks with betas.
__________________
13" 2011 MacBook Air i5 1.7Ghz/256GBAT&T iPhone 5s (Space Grey) 64GBiPad Mini (Black) / Air (White) 32GBNexus 5 32GBNokia Lumia 1020
nooaah is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 01:33 AM   #13
ahjame
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rofni View Post
Hi,

I've just updated my iPhone 5 to the latest iOS7 beta2.
First i tried to use OTA, everything downloaded and installed, but after login it got stuck for maybe 30 min on the loading screen ( apple logo with progress bar).
So i tried to hard reset, but no luck ...

I've tried to do a clean install, everything worked, then i tried to restore my iTunes iOS 7 beta 1 backup, got tesame problem, stuck on loading

Then i tried to do a clean install and restore a backup from iCloud, and guess what ? stuck on loading screen...

I really need my backup (for google authenticator etc ..)

Does anyone has any workarounds ?

Thank you
Im having the same exact same problem there. I updated OTA and im stuck at the progress bar with the apple logo and unfortunately i cannot clean restore because my laptop now cannot detect my phone when i plug it in. please help!
ahjame is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 01:49 AM   #14
mmemichi
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
hi,

i also tried the OTA-Update from beta1 to beta 2 and my phone got stuck on loading screen. i tried to restore beta 1, than updating to beta 2. it worked for now. but i got that screen back when i tried to restore my data.

…now I'm back at beta1 and probably I'll wait until beta 3.

greetings from switzerland,
michael
mmemichi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 02:29 AM   #15
macrune
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahjame View Post
Im having the same exact same problem there. I updated OTA and im stuck at the progress bar with the apple logo and unfortunately i cannot clean restore because my laptop now cannot detect my phone when i plug it in. please help!
You will need to put your phone into DFU mode to restore it:
  • Attach the phone to the pc
  • Turn the phone off
  • Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
  • Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
  • At no point will the display come on. Now you should be able to restore your device from iTunes.

I'm facing the same issue upgrading to Beta 2 - Gets stuck at loading screen, the progress bar didn't move for hours. Proceeded to then restore to Beta 1. Will try Beta 2 again.
macrune is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 02:34 AM   #16
frangramigna
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrune View Post
You will need to put your phone into DFU mode to restore it:
  • Attach the phone to the pc
  • Turn the phone off
  • Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
  • Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
  • At no point will the display come on. Now you should be able to restore your device from iTunes.

I'm facing the same issue upgrading to Beta 2 - Gets stuck at loading screen, the progress bar didn't move for hours. Proceeded to then restore to Beta 1. Will try Beta 2 again.
i v done it… when restoring the back up the iphone restarts and get stuck when the logo is loading… so for mi case the only way out is to restore again to ios 7 beta 1.. restore my back up and wait for beta 3….
frangramigna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 03:07 AM   #17
thomi93
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrune View Post
...

I'm facing the same issue upgrading to Beta 2 - Gets stuck at loading screen, the progress bar didn't move for hours. Proceeded to then restore to Beta 1. Will try Beta 2 again.
I have done that for the second time. Freeze - downgrade - upgrade - still freezes at the loading bar..

I think i will downgrade again and wait for beta 3.
thomi93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 05:28 AM   #18
SpectreChavez
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
My iPhone has the same problem but the lock button is broken and iTunes doesn't recognize the iPhone when I plug it in :/
SpectreChavez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 05:29 AM   #19
macrune
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Second time unlucky. I give up. Downloading the ipsw file for Beta 2, but I'm not sure if I'll use it.
macrune is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 06:16 AM   #20
ahjame
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrune View Post
You will need to put your phone into DFU mode to restore it:
  • Attach the phone to the pc
  • Turn the phone off
  • Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
  • Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
  • At no point will the display come on. Now you should be able to restore your device from iTunes.

I'm facing the same issue upgrading to Beta 2 - Gets stuck at loading screen, the progress bar didn't move for hours. Proceeded to then restore to Beta 1. Will try Beta 2 again.
dayyum man!! thank you so much! saved me!
ahjame is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 06:41 AM   #21
serotizm
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreChavez View Post
My iPhone has the same problem but the lock button is broken and iTunes doesn't recognize the iPhone when I plug it in :/
I have same problem. Is there any solution for this?
serotizm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 08:00 AM   #22
elpamyelhsa
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenamani View Post
The problem might be having Find My iPhone enabled in the previous backup. If anyone has time to:
- downgrade to iOS 6
- turn off Find My iPhone
- back up to iTunes
- update to beta 2

Otherwise I will give this a shot tomorrow
Finally got it to upgrade

After having an iPhone 5 stuck at 5%, tried rebooting 3 times.
Restored to Beta 1, Restored Backup from iCloud, Turned off Find My iPhone, OTA Beta 2, Dead again, Restored to Beta 1, Restored Backup, Reset All Settings in General > Reset, OTA Beta 2 and it works now.
elpamyelhsa is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 08:27 AM   #23
jmmo20
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
And people still call me "idiot" for saying beta 2 has a bug in the restore/update process.
jmmo20 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 08:50 AM   #24
DRP96
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Same problem

I'm having the same problem...
Yesterday I tried to do the OTA update from beta 1 to 2 on my iPhone 5 -> Stuck at progress bar.. After a few hours I resetted the iPhone and did a clean install with iTunes, what worked until I restored it from the iCloud Backup -> stuck at progress bar (for more than 6 hours).. I tried everything now, restore to beta 1, restore from backup, update via iTunes, but it's always somewhere stuck.
Now I'll try to restore from the backup in beta1, deactivate Find my iPhone and then I'll reset it to beta2 and try to restore it from the Backup without find my iphone... Hope this will work :/ Since yesterday I can't really use my iPhone anymore
DRP96 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 09:08 AM   #25
phr0ze
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Columbia, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRP96 View Post
I'm having the same problem...
Yesterday I tried to do the OTA update from beta 1 to 2 on my iPhone 5 -> Stuck at progress bar.. After a few hours I resetted the iPhone and did a clean install with iTunes, what worked until I restored it from the iCloud Backup -> stuck at progress bar (for more than 6 hours).. I tried everything now, restore to beta 1, restore from backup, update via iTunes, but it's always somewhere stuck.
Now I'll try to restore from the backup in beta1, deactivate Find my iPhone and then I'll reset it to beta2 and try to restore it from the Backup without find my iphone... Hope this will work :/ Since yesterday I can't really use my iPhone anymore
Did you try Resetting all settings while in Beta 1 before doing beta 2?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofni View Post
I really need my backup (for google authenticator etc ..)
There are ways around this. Authorize your computer with google. Reset your phone, go to google and go activate your phone. Since the computer is authorized it should not ask for the 2 step. Also with 2 step you should have backup codes and a backup number.

I did this exact same thing and I was able to add my phone back to authenticator without a 2 step verification.
__________________
2012 11" MBA i7/8/256
2011 Mac Mini with 27" Thunderbolt Display
Black iPad Air 64GB Verizon
Black iPhone 5S 32GB ATT
phr0ze is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC