Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Jun 29, 2013, 01:48 PM   #1
nagromme
macrumors G4

FlatOut 2 (Mac App Store) - do gamepads still work?

My trusty Logitech Rumblepad 2 used to work great in FlatOut 2, but now it acts crazy and I can only turn right. It still works fine with other games. I've tried installing the game fresh in a new user account, and tilting the sticks to recalibrate--no help.

I'm wondering if the December update has something to do with it. Can anyone still use a gamepad to steer the latest version of FlatOut 2?

Any other reasons why a gamepad might go crazy in just one game? (I've disabled everything USB-related. I'm on Lion.)

TIA!
nagromme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:57 AM   #2
Ddyracer
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme View Post
My trusty Logitech Rumblepad 2 used to work great in FlatOut 2, but now it acts crazy and I can only turn right. It still works fine with other games. I've tried installing the game fresh in a new user account, and tilting the sticks to recalibrate--no help.

I'm wondering if the December update has something to do with it. Can anyone still use a gamepad to steer the latest version of FlatOut 2?

Any other reasons why a gamepad might go crazy in just one game? (I've disabled everything USB-related. I'm on Lion.)

TIA!
I have the retail version which is 1.0.3 which was updated like 1 and a half ago for Lion. It of course, works with the same gamepad you have. My guess is your right, they broke something in the latest update.

What I would suggest is buying a joystick mapper. There is one in the App store for 4.99 currently.
Ddyracer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 12:15 PM   #3
nagromme
macrumors G4

Thanks for the test. I love ControllerMate for remapping and customizing controllers and simulating keystrokes, but in this case what I need is the full analog control of the joysticks--which no longer seems possible.

But if it's just me seeing this problem (with the latest App Store version, 1.0.5) I might need to dig deeper. (I also reported the bug in case the company finds an issue.)
nagromme is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games