Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In line with a rumor from yesterday, Apple today launched its annual Back to School promotion offering qualified educational purchasers iTunes Store/App Store/iBookstore gift cards of up to $100 with the purchase of a new Mac, iPad, or iPhone. The program begins today and runs through September 6.
Buy a Mac for college, get a $100 App Store Gift Card - and also save with education pricing. Or buy an iPad or iPhone and get a $50 card.
As in past years, the Mac mini is excluded from the promotion, while all iPad (fourth-generation, iPad 2, and iPad mini) and iPhone (5, 4S, and 4) are eligible. Full requirements for eligibility are outlined in the terms and conditions (PDF).

back_to_school_2013.jpg
The offer is available in the following countries, with gift card amounts varying based on local currency: Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and United States.

Update: Photos of new window displays for Apple's retail stores:

back_to_school_2013_window.jpg
Photos from @applecultist
Update 2: Photo of Back to School brochure:

Photo from @applecultist

Article Link: Apple Launches 2013 'Back to School' Promotion with Gift Cards Up to $100

RayK

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Already saw it on Apple.com, ordered last week. Called Apple this morning and they told me they would give it to me since I called and had not received it yet. It would take about 3 weeks to process, but it would be emailed to me.

Just wanted to let everyone know! That was easy!

blue22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2010
sounds good...

Now Apple just has to release the Haswell rMBP by September to make this circle complete. :D

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
[/COLOR]
Already saw it on Apple.com, ordered last week. Called Apple this morning and they told me they would give it to me since I called and had not received it yet. It would take about 3 weeks to process, but it would be emailed to me.

Just wanted to let everyone know! That was easy!

I'm in the same boat...who at Apple did you call?

RayK

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
[/COLOR]

I'm in the same boat...who at Apple did you call?

I just called myapple and asked to speak to someone about my order. After I gave it my order number and it gave me tracking info I asked again to speak to someone.

The lady I got just said she was making sure it was still in transit and then she said she would send it to the back office and I would see it in 3 weeks.

mmberry1

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2012
This deal expires September 6th so you know the iPhone 5s launch is a week later.:cool:

CJM

macrumors 68000
May 7, 2005
U.K.
How far does $100 get you on App store software these days, anyway?

I was so ready to buy a new Retina, too.

iPhisch

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
Indiana
Too band they don't offer the deal to Higher Education Alumni!!!!!
Seriously though, has anyone ever had Apple check to see if you are actually a student, faculty member or parent? Just curious.

ricartedor

macrumors member
May 12, 2008
I just called myapple and asked to speak to someone about my order. After I gave it my order number and it gave me tracking info I asked again to speak to someone.

The lady I got just said she was making sure it was still in transit and then she said she would send it to the back office and I would see it in 3 weeks.

They're sending your purchase back to them?? Mines in transit to be delivered today and I was told they would just email me a code, didn't need to take back the item, but well see if it suddenly doesn't get delivered today!?

RayK

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
They're sending your purchase back to them?? Mines in transit to be delivered today and I was told they would just email me a code, didn't need to take back the item, but well see if it suddenly doesn't get delivered today!?

No nothing like that. They just wanted to confirm I hadn't received it yet. They are not sending the Mac back to them.

If FedEx says today you should be ok.

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Dies anyone know if you need to bring some sort of proof? I asked in the previous thread and I got mixed answers. Most were saying that a student card/ID would be accepted; however, I'm entering university this fall and don't have one yet. Would I have to bring in my acceptance letter and photo ID with my name on it?

thebrobrah

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2013
i called in to see if i could get this gift card for my air purchased on the 27th of june...

and yes..they said there would be an email activation for the gift card...so call in guys :)

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Too band they don't offer the deal to Higher Education Alumni!!!!!
Seriously though, has anyone ever had Apple check to see if you are actually a student, faculty member or parent? Just curious.

Dies anyone know if you need to bring some sort of proof? I asked in the previous thread and I got mixed answers. Most were saying that a student card/ID would be accepted; however, I'm entering university this fall and don't have one yet. Would I have to bring in my acceptance letter and photo ID with my name on it?

No proof needed.

The deal applies to everyone smart enough to go here: http://store.apple.com/us_edu_112296

izyreal

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
USA

I purchased a macbook pro for school and they verified my student status via my school email address. If you have been accepted to a university, one of the first things you should receive is a school email account.

jadam

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2002

I didn't have to provide any verification... However to access the apple education store page for my school I had to log in through a link on my Universities web site using my student log-in that redirected me to the apple store.

13" MBA with 8GB and 256GB Ordered!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.