Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jul 24, 2013, 11:03 AM   #1
matejn
macrumors newbie

Chrome - wrong colors of screenshots

Hello,

I'm seeking for little help here. I'm new to the mac - I have macbook air 2013 + DELL 27' screen connected viac minidp to dp cable, using custom EDID for RGB through dp cable.

I have a trouble with Chrome - on the New tab page I see every thumbnail screenshot in altered colors - it looks like inverted to some point. Exactly the same happens when I try to take a screenshot through Awesome Screenshot plugin.

Does anyone had this problem also and know solution?

Thank you, Matej
matejn is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 02:35 PM   #2
mattsilv
macrumors newbie

Exact same issue

I am having the EXACT same issue in Chrome for OSX Mountain Lion. The problem only started in July 2013. If I use Awesome Screenshot, or a number of other screenshot tools, it inverts the colors of the screenshot.

I have tried 3 different screenshot extensions for Chrome, and every single one inverts colors.

NOTE: These issues do not exist in Firefox for mac, so as a temporary workaround you can install awesome screenshot in Firefox and no color inversion happens.

A few notes about my computer setup in case anyone else has the same configuration:
2013 Macbook Air
Using external monitor
mattsilv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2013, 04:41 PM   #3
Flynnstone
macrumors 65816

Google "browser icc profile" or "browser managed color" or something to that effect.
Essentially Safari & Firefox managed color & Chrome & others ignore color profiles.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 04:37 PM   #4
kurtschin
macrumors newbie

Also having this issue

2013 Macbook Air.

This is not limited to Chrome, I'm also having the issue in Parallels. Print Screen within a Windows VM and the colors are mixed up in the same way (specifically, blues and reds seem mixed up). Image attached of this.

Chrome and Parallels are affected for me. A couple other screen capture tools seem to be working okay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wat.png
Views:	51
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	424682  
kurtschin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 06:28 PM   #5
yoonsikp
macrumors newbie

Same Problem Here

I have the exact same problem, maybe I'll try deleting all my chrome files and reinstalling.
yoonsikp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2013, 06:58 AM   #6
ltn318
macrumors newbie

Any solutions?

I'm having the exact same issue - Macbook Air, issue started in July 2013. Has anyone been able to resolve the issue?

Steps already taken:
- created a new user on Chrome, with only the screen capture extension installed (no other extensions)
- deleted Chrome from my laptop and re-installed

Neither worked.

Last edited by ltn318; Aug 6, 2013 at 07:03 AM. Reason: adding new info
ltn318 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2013, 06:11 PM   #7
paulfairless
macrumors newbie

Hardware Acceleration

Hi,

I have this same issue on a new 2013 macbook air. Seems if I switch off "Use hardware acceleration when available" in advanced chrome settings the issue goes away. Can anybody else confirm this?

Hoping this is specific to chrome and not a general hardware issue - any other apps using graphics hardware acceleration?
paulfairless is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2013, 11:18 AM   #8
kurtschin
macrumors newbie

Confirmed

I can confirm that turning off hardware acceleration in Chrome fixes the issue for me.

This is definitely a software issue - but interesting we're all MacBook Air users.

As I mentioned previously, screenshots made within a Windows virtual machine running in Parallels also had messed up colors. Parallels fixed the issue in the latest release and mentioned it in the release notes: http://kb.parallels.com/en/115067

So this definitely looks like a software issue Chrome is responsible for patching, whatever the root cause may be.
kurtschin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2013, 04:04 PM   #9
iMerik
macrumors 6502

This is the type of thing that would drive you batsh*t.
iMerik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2013, 09:33 AM   #10
chromeissues
macrumors newbie

Still not working for me

I also have a MacBook Air 13 and am having this same issue.

Unfortunately, turning off the hardware accelerator did not remedy this bug. Any other ideas?
chromeissues is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2013, 02:35 PM   #11
mrbrdo
macrumors newbie

I have this issue also. Blue color seems to be yellowish brown in the thumbnails. Macbook Air 13" 2013 (Haswell), the more expensive version and 8GB RAM.

I have a more serious issue too. I actually stumbled upon this thread here: https://discussions.apple.com/message/22633153#22633153

If I leave my Air closed for a long time, when I open it nothing happens. Then I need to hold the power button for at least a few seconds, and possibly press it again (this just started happening to me yesterday so I don't know exactly yet). My Air then starts up. The first time it started up normally (almost certain but not 100%), the second time I got that your computer shut down because of a problem message (logs say Previous Shutdown Cause: 3). Happened the second time today, the first time yesterday I didn't think too much of it. Not sure what else to look for to shed more light on this.

A few days ago, before this issue, I was having graphical glitches (artefacts, small squares/pixels, but resembling what was on the screen) every time I opened the macbook (even if it was just closed for a few seconds), but after about 1 second it went to normal. After a few days I decided to restart the macbook (I don't usually), and that stopped happening. But not long after that (max a few days) I started getting the current issue.

Is there any way I can confirm/explain my problems? It sounds like it could be a graphics issue. I also wonder if everyone on the new Air is experiencing this Chrome color thing or just some people?
mrbrdo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store