Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
Has anyone had an issue with iTunes Store crashing on iOS 7? I cannot open the app, it just closes back to desktop. I have restarted the phone several times and updated to Beta 6 and installed the profile and reset my library. One weird thing I noticed was in the recent apps list, the itunes store had an image of an app on the app store. Very odd.

Gogurt48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
Has anyone had an issue with iTunes Store crashing on iOS 7? I cannot open the app, it just closes back to desktop. I have restarted the phone several times and updated to Beta 6 and installed the profile and reset my library. One weird thing I noticed was in the recent apps list, the itunes store had an image of an app on the app store. Very odd.

That used to happen to me all the time, but it's working now. I wish I knew why, so I could tell you, but I don't.

J@ffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2002
Behind you!
When stuff like this happens (beta or not), going to the Settings app and logging out of your iTunes account, then back in usually fixes it. If it doesn't, try throwing a device reboot between logging out and logging back in.

Marco123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
I still have this problem with beta 5 and 6 on my ip5 and mini.
The only thing that fixes it is a full systems reset but the problem returns soon after.
Weird but the App Store works but not iTunes.

joelmcintosh

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Try this. First go to Settings --> iTunes & App Store ... and sign out of your account. Next, open the iTunes store app without your account signed in. It should open. Then go to the "More" tab. Select "Purchased" and sign in when prompted to do so.

oquest

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2013
Tried every other suggestion but the restore ti factory settings and the only thing that worked was signing out of my Apple ID in my settings, opening the iTunes app, and then signing in again in the app itself. Now the app opens fine without crashing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.